What are you wearing today??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

It is a lot of fun I will admit, I loved complete strangers coming up and saying congratulations, must be great to see your young chargers graduate.

Mind those chair legs though ;)

2. Chasseur

Chasseur Call Me a Cab

Great academic look Edward.

I know what you mean about hot under the gown, at our graduations in May its boiling under there...

3. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

Aww thanks all for your complements you are too nice to me, I am blushing

4. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

Alright, to describe my attire, I was wearing a flannel shirt, a plain white t-shirt underneath it, Levi's 505 jeans, tan/khaki cotton B-15 jacket, and to top it off, my Federation IV, which I had converted from an Indy-style center crease to a teardrop or c-crown. This is also what I wore while going out on the town doing some errands and going to stores. My attire is usually pretty simple, with some retro/vintage influences. As often as I would wish to wear a suit or a sport coat, my income does not currently support it, although I am saving up for a decent sport coat at least, or perhaps I will find one my size at the Salvation Army.

5. Edward

Edward Bartender

A recent shot, taken for online promotional purposes here at the University. A fairly common casual look for me over the past few months:

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. Edward

Edward Bartender

lol

Who he?

8. OldSoul

OldSoul Familiar Face

As you should, you look wonderful!

:eek:fftopic:

I have noticed over the past year or so that dresses in general are making a comeback. Some of the ladies I work with are devout pants/jacket wearers but even they have been wearing nice dresses lately. Mind you, these are modern dresses but I find it's so rare that young ladies (read: ladies my age) wear dresses that I think if they were to start wearing vintage/vintageish dresses I would suffer from sensory overload.

:eek:fftopic:

9. Panache

Panache A-List Customer

[​IMG]

Memento mori

10. Methuselah

Methuselah One of the Regulars

Looks like Bowie to me???

11. Panache

Panache A-List Customer

Indeed circa 1974 on the "Diamond Dogs" tour doing the song "Cracked Actor"

Cheers

Jamie

12. Edward

Edward Bartender

Ah! Of course. For some reason, I was thinking Rayner Bourton... lol

13. BellyTank

BellyTank I'll Lock Up

Not the first I've noticed you wearing ;)

B
    T

14. Edward

Edward Bartender

Well, I did have something off the shoulder in scarlet on at first, but they sent me home to change...

15. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

There you go, graduations and school sports days. They never let you wear what you want to :D

16. Mr Vim

Mr Vim One Too Many

I snapped this to show off my vintage office earlier, I also threw on my leather coat as it was pouring rain today in Juneau, its our primary export.

[​IMG]

17. chanteuseCarey

chanteuseCarey Call Me a Cab

I might ask you if I may borrow it sometime Edward, but I'd probably have it altered a bit to fit my curves... I probably wouldn't be sent home to change out of it though;)

18. Patrick Murtha

Patrick Murtha Practically Family

I've been away from the Fedora Lounge for a long while. I'm as allergic to posting photographs as I ever was, but I am enjoying many of yours.

I just started teaching ESL in Korea a couple of months ago, and 99% of my wardrobe needs to be shipped to me; I'm dressing out of the garment bag I brought with me on the plane (four suits, one blazer). I hope to have all my belongings sent soon; I miss my clothes and books!

My Birman cat came with me to Korea, and having her here makes my little apartment (provided by the school) a lot more homey.

I'm currently teaching at a private academy for adult learners, but plan to be a visiting professor in a Korean university by this time next year. I have two master's degrees (in English literature and education) and all my credentials are from prestigious institutions, so finding a good uni job should be fairly easy. I landed this private academy job in a mere 72 hours from the moment I started my overseas job search.

My personal style, such as it is, is winning me many friends in Korea. It helps that I am of a mature age (51) as well. I have been called "Mr. CEO" and "Chairman of the Board," and have been compared to George Clooney twice. So now I can die happy.

EDIT: Here is my professional portrait:

[​IMG]

19. thunderw21

thunderw21 I'll Lock Up

Welcome back.

20. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

I think we'd all like to see that

The dress that is, not you being sent home