Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
I love wearing the gown, and (most of...) the pomp and circumstance associated with the whole affair. Unbelievably hot under there on Monday, though - glad I thought to wear a linen suit!

It is a lot of fun I will admit, I loved complete strangers coming up and saying congratulations, must be great to see your young chargers graduate.

Mind those chair legs though ;)

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Great academic look Edward.

I know what you mean about hot under the gown, at our graduations in May its boiling under there...

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Alright, to describe my attire, I was wearing a flannel shirt, a plain white t-shirt underneath it, Levi's 505 jeans, tan/khaki cotton B-15 jacket, and to top it off, my Federation IV, which I had converted from an Indy-style center crease to a teardrop or c-crown. This is also what I wore while going out on the town doing some errands and going to stores. My attire is usually pretty simple, with some retro/vintage influences. As often as I would wish to wear a suit or a sport coat, my income does not currently support it, although I am saving up for a decent sport coat at least, or perhaps I will find one my size at the Salvation Army.

Edward

Bartender
A recent shot, taken for online promotional purposes here at the University. A fairly common casual look for me over the past few months:

31238_133776899969096_122183351128451_341256_5444163_n.jpg

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Grant Fan said:
I wore this yesterday it was easily 110+. My family came to visit and we went to the USS Wisconsin, and there were a bunch of vets there that really liked my dress, they actually said something while I was walking around the ship with my nephew. I love this dress I feel like a princess in it.

As you should, you look wonderful!

:eek:fftopic:

I have noticed over the past year or so that dresses in general are making a comeback. Some of the ladies I work with are devout pants/jacket wearers but even they have been wearing nice dresses lately. Mind you, these are modern dresses but I find it's so rare that young ladies (read: ladies my age) wear dresses that I think if they were to start wearing vintage/vintageish dresses I would suffer from sensory overload.

:eek:fftopic:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
Well, I did have something off the shoulder in scarlet on at first, but they sent me home to change...

There you go, graduations and school sports days. They never let you wear what you want to :D

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I snapped this to show off my vintage office earlier, I also threw on my leather coat as it was pouring rain today in Juneau, its our primary export.

Screenshot2010-07-23at33656PM.png

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I might ask you if I may borrow it sometime Edward, but I'd probably have it altered a bit to fit my curves... I probably wouldn't be sent home to change out of it though;)

Edward said:
Well, I did have something off the shoulder in scarlet on at first, but they sent me home to change...

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I've been away from the Fedora Lounge for a long while. I'm as allergic to posting photographs as I ever was, but I am enjoying many of yours.

I just started teaching ESL in Korea a couple of months ago, and 99% of my wardrobe needs to be shipped to me; I'm dressing out of the garment bag I brought with me on the plane (four suits, one blazer). I hope to have all my belongings sent soon; I miss my clothes and books!

My Birman cat came with me to Korea, and having her here makes my little apartment (provided by the school) a lot more homey.

I'm currently teaching at a private academy for adult learners, but plan to be a visiting professor in a Korean university by this time next year. I have two master's degrees (in English literature and education) and all my credentials are from prestigious institutions, so finding a good uni job should be fairly easy. I landed this private academy job in a mere 72 hours from the moment I started my overseas job search.

My personal style, such as it is, is winning me many friends in Korea. It helps that I am of a mature age (51) as well. I have been called "Mr. CEO" and "Chairman of the Board," and have been compared to George Clooney twice. So now I can die happy.

EDIT: Here is my professional portrait:

2204382190102775237S425x425Q85.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
I might ask you if I may borrow it sometime Edward, but I'd probably have it altered a bit to fit my curves... I probably wouldn't be sent home to change out of it though;)

I think we'd all like to see that

The dress that is, not you being sent home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto