Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

The Good

Call Me a Cab
No pictures, but I'm wearing a Land's End blue oxford shirt, a white t-shirt underneath, Land's End khaki chinos, a brown leather belt, brown Clarks leather shoes, and earlier today, my dark brown Akubra Federation IV.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
A recent shot, taken for online promotional purposes here at the University. A fairly common casual look for me over the past few months:

31238_133776899969096_122183351128451_341256_5444163_n.jpg
Well, some one needs to ask, one of your former students who didn't make the grade in your hand?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A Summer's Day on the Scottish Borders...

Driving up to North Berwick in Scotland (pictures are of Bass Rock and Tantanlon Castle, the Rock was a Prison during Victorian times and housed French Prisoners I believe during the Napoleonic Wars).
Wearing my Goodwear RW 27752 A-2 Jacket. Allen Edmonds Brogues. Maroon pants from Boden. Thomas Pink shirt.

MAZDA2037.jpg

MAZDA2035.jpg

MAZDA2034.jpg

MAZDA2033.jpg

MAZDA2032.jpg

MAZDA2038.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
Driving up to North Berwick in Scotland (pictures are of Bass Rock and Tantanlon Castle, the Rock was a Prison during Victorian times and housed French Prisoners I believe during the Napoleonic Wars).
Wearing my Goodwear RW 27752 A-2 Jacket. Allen Edmonds Brogues. Maroon pants from Boden. Thomas Pink shirt.

MAZDA2037.jpg

MAZDA2035.jpg

MAZDA2034.jpg

MAZDA2033.jpg

MAZDA2032.jpg

MAZDA2038.jpg

Great look Paddy, that GW is a beauty and so is the MX-5. I see you're having lots of fun with yours. I can remember many occasions of driving across to the other side of the city just to buy milk because they are so much fun - you'll know what I mean ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great to see you post on this thread Paddy. Looking handsome and dapper as ever, love the maroon trousers and those driving gloves! Oh, and that A-2 looks pretty good on you too Sir :) Such beautiful country there in bonnie Scotland...sigh...

PADDY said:
MAZDA2034.jpg

MAZDA2033.jpg

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
MikeBravo said:
I think we'd all like to see that

The dress that is, not you being sent home

Mike,
Those photos are floating around the Lounge here somewhere. Unless you are a man of extremely strong constitution I'd caution you from looking for them....:confused:

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Celebrated my Father-In-Law's 70th birthday at the Petersham Hotel in Richmond, UK. Delicious 3 course meal with lots to drink. I am pictured here with him, and my sister-in-law's boyfriend in front of the hotel.

Pictures were taken with a 1963 Polaroid 100 with Fuji 100 black and white instant film and scanned in.

Early 50s fleck suit (finally got around to letting out the length in the trousers, the right sleeve is bunched up and looks too short), late 40s tie, Bass Weejuns.

hpqscan0003l.jpg

RobStC

A-List Customer
crazydaisy said:

Very pretty, Miss Daisy :eusa_clap .

By the way, where was this photo taken? It looks familiar to me, but I can't quite place it. (I know, I'm getting old and senile with a failing..... oh, what's the word?..... Aah yes, MEMORY!)

Thanks,
RobStC

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
Thank-you, gentlemen; Paddy and Smithy are indeed correct - I was on the platform party rather than receiving my own degrees (which I acquired rather longer ago than I now care to think!). Glas to know I look young enough to have been up there for the first time myself, however! ;)

I love wearing the gown, and (most of...) the pomp and circumstance associated with the whole affair. Unbelievably hot under there on Monday, though - glad I thought to wear a linen suit!

Edward,

that's quite a timeless outfit, isn't it? Seeing your photo just made me think about how old the tradition of these gowns might be. I had the pleasure to wear such a gown for the first time in June this year (I say pleasure as it was only 16°C outside... ), but having been a part-time postgrad student, I think some of the younger graduates might have mistaken me for a prof (at least age-wise ;) ).

IMG_1066.jpg

By the way - I like the skull picture as well but was wondering if you are actually reading law or medicine ;)

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW