Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
WHOA!!!! Simply gorgeous!

And...me today;

2-8.jpg

1-12.jpg

Sorry for the overlightning.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
This picture was taken at the beginning of December for an article in the Staffordshire Newsletter (the local newspaper for where I used to live).
179202_1741674614113_1006124377_31971709_8364001_n.jpg

-early to mid '50s suit from "Jackson the Tailor"
-modern tie from a charity shop, though with a reasonably vintage looking pattern
-shirt from such a disreputable shop I dare not mention it on here...

By the by, I may try to post a better picture of the suit tomorrow because I may wear it tomorrow (having not worn it for two weeks it is now due to be worn again).

Last edited:

yorkshirechap

Familiar Face
Hi all, first post.

I've been buying vintage suits for a while, charity shops and ebay and have a mixture of ready mades, Magee, Crombie Dunns and bespoke, one from 1961 made in Bristol UK. A few jackets as well, all in my size so I can wear and not just look at them
Today I have been wearing my latest and best purchase to date a Douglas Hayward bespoke suit from 1981, it only needed trouser shortening. I'm saving its first wearing for my step daughters wedding in June (if I can hold out that long:))
Rob

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Hi all, first post.

I've been buying vintage suits for a while, charity shops and ebay and have a mixture of ready mades, Magee, Crombie Dunns and bespoke, one from 1961 made in Bristol UK. A few jackets as well, all in my size so I can wear and not just look at them
Today I have been wearing my latest and best purchase to date a Douglas Hayward bespoke suit from 1981, it only needed trouser shortening. I'm saving its first wearing for my step daughters wedding in June (if I can hold out that long:))
Rob

Smashing, and welcome to the Lounge, old boy.

S_M_Cumberworth

One of the Regulars
Nice ensemble, C., especially those trousers. You should post a photo of that Palm Beach tie in the necktie thread. What part of L.A. are you in?

Thanks for the comment. The trousers are pretty great, and the seller even threw in a wonderful belt.

I'll definitely take photos of the tie, along with a similar (untagged) tie I've got.

And I live in Los Feliz.

I have two others I got for the same price at St. Vinnies and both are vintage, 40's or 50's, one Stetson and one Cavanaugh.

A $2 fedora from Goodwill!? Way to go my friend :eusa_clap
I need to stop in our Goodwill, it's been a few weeks.

What good wills do you go to? Every one I've been to has been awful. Smells of cheese and mushrooms.

The only one I go to is in Portage, it isn't great, but I do snag some antiques now and then. They usually let me know if something they think I want is in. That's the beauty of being well-known in a small town I guess haha.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Some really great shots in here lately, really giving off the nostalgic vibe. :eusa_clap

This picture was taken at the beginning of December for an article in the Staffordshire Newsletter (the local newspaper for where I used to live).
179202_1741674614113_1006124377_31971709_8364001_n.jpg

Who doesn’t like getting their photo in the paper while looking dapper? :D Very nice. I really like the look of that smaller shot as well.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Some really great shots in here lately, really giving off the nostalgic vibe. :eusa_clap

Who doesn’t like getting their photo in the paper while looking dapper? :D Very nice. I really like the look of that smaller shot as well.
Thanks. I've been becoming a "camera whore" of late.

Here are the same two photos in higher resolution
166242_10150361265545252_851480251_16930145_7835306_n.jpg

167146_10150361265615252_851480251_16930147_616934_n.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Berlin, stupendous! Overlighting? I thought it was your shine, rebounding... ;)
S_M_C, I dig that casual, homely look. Well done!
Avedwards, it is always good seeing some dapper gent "spreading the word" in the papers!
Atomic, you must indulge in this dressier look (and keep the casual one too). Short sleeved dress shirt? Is not that an oxymoron? Sssssh! Get a real one soon! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick