Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Berlin

Practically Family
Thanks everyone :redface:

I was a bit insecure to start posting photo's at here, but that's almost gone now, with all those wonderful compliments :redface:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Terrrific outfit, Miss Tuppence!! Love the hand knitted sweater and socks, do you take orders??

This is just one of my everyday outfits, nothing posh and worn today.
All made by ma or myself, except the 1930’s beret.
Excuse the extremely rubbishy photo,tiredness:eek:... oh, and my 50’s sideboard- it’s quite difficult to find a plain wall in our house!
40’s pattern blouse and culottes.
1930’s pattern cardigan and 40’s socks, both knitted by yours truly!
GEDC1510.JPG

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Friday evening, worn out Ballroom Dancing, the lesson was Tango! No pic, sorry- ankle length black knit sleeveless backless dress, fitted through the thighs, then lots of skirt for doing cortes' and swivels in, with inset godets at the bottom. Worn over the dress, waist length knit leopard with big red roses print sweater with jewel buttons- taken off a few minutes into the lesson. Outerwear layer for a chilly night, full length straight body style black cashmere coat.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Mario, i love your photos man, they are always in the same location but always different. I love the suspenders, with the pants, are they vintage or did you buy them new and what brand because well overall i love the outfit.

Thanks! :)

Ah yes, the location. You see, I'm looking for some consistency in this ever-changing world...

Truth be told I don't have much of a choice location-wise. At 54 m² (including the balcony - a typical Berlin 2-room flat from around 1900) my place isn't that large, and this portion is about the only one that's not cluttered with shelves, tables or other things that would distract the viewer. I rarely ever take photos outside as I hate to take those bulky cameras with me.

The pants are vintage (1950's, lovely beige/sand colored herringbone weave - I love them!) and actually part of a suit.

Last edited:

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Monday. Laundry day.

laundryday.jpg

Wow those are neatly fitting slacks! Just how a vintage pair should be- with a lovely low crotch! (I’m very picky about my slacks, and I always demand they should be well tailored with the low crotch- to me that’s where the modern repro falters!)
Did you make them? If so, can I ask what pattern you used?
I loves them, I do!

….What a clothes airer too-it’s fantastic…

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Italian/Continental look today, leaving for an Indian Buffet in downtown L.A. SB suit tailored for Palace Clothiers, granite Marshal Fields Mansfield Fifteen, light blue Stafford dress shirt, and unmarked, pink acetate tie w/gray and yellow highlights. (Suit is more slate gray than it appears.)
Photo13.jpg

A closer look at my V-Line (this photo shows the suit's true hues). I really like this tie; it has Japanese-type floral motifs.
Photo14.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred