Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

I couldn't pull them off in the summer, I'm like a furnace. Even in short sleeves, I'm schvitzing like crazy!

That's a great idea. I really love cardigans. There was a time when I wore a cardigan almost every single day of the year. I even have lightweight cotton and cotton/rayon ones for the summer.

My family is from the south Grandma's from Arkansas, my whole mom's side is from Kentucky. My brother and sister are twins, Robert Lee and Dixie. My folks' house has battle flags, swords, and such from the Civil War. My favorite piece is a jacket my parents have from the Army of Northern Virginia. Bloody and torn up, very fascinating.

Wow, the Stars and Bars! I thought you lived in Wisconsin, though. You transplanted Southerners?

Berlin

Practically Family
Evening attire all morning, now to change into something more comfortable for rehearsals all evening.
Photo32-1.jpg

Photo33-1.jpg

*swoon*
You look amazing ;)

Berlin

Practically Family
BD, I'm in factory garb right now, but here's one from my sister's Facebook the other day.

168967_10150380418825167_864335166_16537057_6105785_n.jpg

My sister, me, and my friend Thomas on my dad's truck in my folks' garage.
Blue dress shirt, jeans, and a blue cardigan (got a zillion Mr. Rogers cracks that day)

The cardi, indeed, looks great on you!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It's chilly, ca. 45 F., in The Swamp today, so I'm going for good clothes while I can. I'm wearing grey slacks in a kind of micro-check (maybe one of you know what it's really called?), an ivory button-down oxford shirt, polished brown lace-up dress shoes from Timberland, and a narrow brown braided belt.

My sport coat is a single-breasted charcoal brown tweed with a very faint check; my overcoat, cashmere/wool, also SB, is black. My hat is my reddish-brown Temple (Stetson called it "nougat" for some reason) with the brown ribbon.

kools

Practically Family
Milwaukee today 25 degrees F

Upon leaving for work this morning...the colors photographed quite wild in this photo, but you get the shape of this late '40s sport coat.

P1040044-1.jpg

You can see the colors & pattern here:

P1040048.jpg

With 1940s brown wool pants & AE Dryden (Chestnut).

kools

Practically Family
It's funny...the sport coat was an ebay purchase a couple of years ago; one of those with a very poor photos that didn't display the item very clearly. I could see the shape of the jacket, but the photos made it look solid green. When it shipped, I was actually disappointed at first because it was not green. How foolish.

If I recall correctly, I was the only bidder & it went for about $20. It is it great condition...no holes, stains, etc. It is why I still dig ebay.

mattfink

Practically Family
Widebrim - a local picker/dealer found it and I was lucky enough to buy it before it went on eBay. Paid a fair price for it though, so they made out as well as me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn