Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mario

I'll Lock Up
^^You look like you're up for a little trouble, Mario!

Trouble? Me? No way! I mean, look at that grin!
But to reassure you I will show you a photo of me showing my nicest face - and that really inidicates no trouble at all (rue liked it). Look here:

bambi-eyes-calvin-hobbes.gif

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@crazydaisy: The button details and matching belt buckle are amazing. Is it bakelit?

@Nick D: Wow. Well done again. Your sewing skills will make you the best dressed person ever. You don't depend on finding fitting vintage pieces anymore.

I thought it would be rather polite of me to inform you I'm stealing your sense of style. So, if you wake up and find it's gone, you know where it is! :D
When I woke up it was gone. But I always need some coffee to think straight in the morning. It is back now...I hope.

And my look for today;
2-16.jpg

The sun is shining so lovely, one took advantage of it ;)
Hurray for the sun! And thank you for sharing it with us too. I love navy stripes. They are casual and stylish at the same time.

@Mario: The open collar look goes well with this suit. But on the next sunny day you have to show your linen slacks ;-)

Last edited:

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Thank you, those who commented, for your compliments.
Yes, Danny O, it is a knitted dress, made after a 30's magazine image. Sunglasses are more Ozzy Osbourne era, I think :)
Don't think the buttons and buckle are bakelite, Flat Foot Floey - they certainly didn't cost like bakelite - which is a good thing. They were also bought separately and just happened to match (I have a thing for that color); they also just happened to look ok on the dress, as they weren't meant for it, and the dress was meant to be somewhat different and another color! [huh]...Yeah, I know...

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
First time I wore this thrift store find: late-'30s/early-40s DB jacket from A. R. Donghia, Custom Taylor, in Vandergrift, PA. Jacket is soft wool, and a pretty good fit (buttons had to be moved a bit); I wish that the pants had survived. Tried it with these sand-colored trousers (am thinking that a lighter shade might be better), and very light-tan shirt. Comments on the color combination?

Photo83-1.jpg
Photo80-1.jpg

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
First time I wore this thrift store find: late-'30s/early-40s DB jacket from A. R. Donghia, Custom Taylor, in Vandergrift, PA. Jacket is soft wool, and a pretty good fit (buttons had to be moved a bit); I wish that the pants had survived. Tried it with these sand-colored trousers (am thinking that a lighter shade might be better), and very light-tan shirt. Comments on the color combination?

Photo83-1.jpg
Photo80-1.jpg

Classic and spiffy all at the same time, WB~

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
No doubt this cartoon of Calvin is exactly what you looked like at six years old, right Mario? Trying to charm your mama into somethin'.

Trouble? Me? No way! I mean, look at that grin!
But to reassure you I will show you a photo of me showing my nicest face - and that really inidicates no trouble at all (rue liked it). Look here:

bambi-eyes-calvin-hobbes.gif

AntonAAK

Practically Family

Photo83-1.jpg
Photo80-1.jpg

That look is great. It brings these two pictures to mind, which leads me to agree that lighter trousers would be spot on.

Esquire.jpg

1930sEsquire001.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab

Photo83-1.jpg
Photo80-1.jpg

Looks fine to me. Lighter trousers would look good, but so would darker trousers if they are in a contrasting colour. Grey flannels come to mind as that would work for winter and lighter trousers for summer.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Looks fine to me. Lighter trousers would look good, but so would darker trousers if they are in a contrasting colour. Grey flannels come to mind as that would work for winter and lighter trousers for summer.

While darker trouser would definitely work I'd personally opt for lighter colored pants, like light tan or beige. That'd look smashing. Great jacket, btw! :)

Last edited:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer

Photo83-1.jpg
Photo80-1.jpg

Widebrim,

I agree with some of the previous posts, and would opt for a lighter shade of trouser, something like a very light sand. With the shirt, I'd go with a light cream colour, if you're wearing a brown/tan tie. Another colour that would work well, would be a dark, rich red tie, but worn with a white shirt. Your jacket does look very good, nice find!

Cheers,

Danny O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner