Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Antje

One Too Many
DSC09051.JPG
DSC09249.JPG

You look great!! love the trousers!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
If its a Thursday, it must be a swim day at the YMCA! Bright blue and white print Speedo one piece swimsuit, navy blue BG rashguard shirt, blue swimcap, black watershoes, goggles.

This afternoon, and then out and about this evening with the Mr.- wearing the navy and white print Ralph Lauren Chaps knit dress that I have on in my current avatar pic, worn with heeled black summer sandals.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
I can see where that argument comes from, but a DB summer suit will still be cooler than a SB heavy weight wool suit. Plus it looks good - Jack Nicholson's 3pc DB linen suit in the beginning of Chinatown looks amazing even if it is the most illogical suit ever.

I saw a photo of Lord Mountbatten talking to Nehru in 1947 in a stunning light gray DB with brown & white spectators, and another of A.J. Drexel Biddle sometime inthe 30's wearing a DB seersucker with patch pockets, a boater and spectators - and of course Harry Truman was a DB wearer year round - maybe if you're one of those rare people who is not affected by the heat...

Kabel

Familiar Face
Today's outfit. Pilot brand jeans again, this model is a bit wider and 34 lenght leg for a good cuff and a roundpoint collar shirt bought at primark for I think 9 euro's (about $10/11). I really like the collar on this shirt.

Foto1.jpg

and as you can see, the crap camera in my laptop can't handle the pattern of my shirt, but it is forgiven.

Foto3.jpg

AntonAAK

Practically Family
BINGO Tomasso! It's been driving me nuts all day and you figured it out.... thank you my dear :)

AntonAAK you look like George Sanders (The Ghost and Mrs. Muir)

Ah. I've not been told that before but I see what you mean. And I get to play lots of villainous Brits. I think I might be over-qualified... :D

Nazarin

New in Town
Today's outfit. Pilot brand jeans again, this model is a bit wider and 34 lenght leg for a good cuff and a roundpoint collar shirt bought at primark for I think 9 euro's (about $10/11). I really like the collar on this shirt.

Hey, Kabel. The collar is indeed very nice and modest. Looks good buttoned up.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I saw a photo of Lord Mountbatten talking to Nehru in 1947 in a stunning light gray DB with brown & white spectators, and another of A.J. Drexel Biddle sometime inthe 30's wearing a DB seersucker with patch pockets, a boater and spectators - and of course Harry Truman was a DB wearer year round - maybe if you're one of those rare people who is not affected by the heat...

My point was that I think there's nothing wrong with a DB summer suit. It looks good and it will still be more comfortable than a wool suit. It's a DB 3pc summer suit which would be a bit counter productive.

Edward

Bartender

Foto1.jpg

and as you can see, the crap camera in my laptop can't handle the pattern of my shirt, but it is forgiven.

Foto3.jpg

Nice shirt Collar looks especially good buttoned like that, which is rare, IMO, for a shirt worn tieless. I have a similar collar-shape on a shirt I bought in Next back in November, which I have worn with a bolo-tie:

72774_450970467259_555787259_5986809_5876329_n.jpg

I like it a lot. Subtle look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner