Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I guess especially the psychobilly style, since they seems to have that "50's with a darker twist" look :)

Even the more "refined" conservative vintage styles (fedora, suit, tie and proper shoes) seem to feel suit the metal scene somehow, at least I've never felt out of place dressed that way at metal gigs.

thedanu

Familiar Face
Even the more "refined" conservative vintage styles (fedora, suit, tie and proper shoes) seem to feel suit the metal scene somehow, at least I've never felt out of place dressed that way at metal gigs.
that's actually true, I've been getting lot of possitive feedback in the metal bars in helsinki (I do quite like metal music myself, and most of my friends hang around in the metal places)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Bild0079.jpg

Bild0081.jpg

I want to use one of these pictures for Esquire's best dressed man competition (though I probably won't win because I'm not wearing skinny chinos which are rolled up to reveal a few inches of ankle). I think I'll go for the second picture.

thedanu

Familiar Face
Bild0079.jpg

Bild0081.jpg

I want to use one of these pictures for Esquire's best dressed man competition (though I probably won't win because I'm not wearing skinny chinos which are rolled up to reveal a few inches of ankle). I think I'll go for the second picture.
You should definitely try though! The outfit looks really neat :)

Espee

Practically Family
Bild0079.jpg

Bild0081.jpg

Wearing the hat, you remind me of a letter opener my mother used to keep in the kitchen "utility" drawer. Of course it would be interesting to know who made the letter opener (does it ring a bell with anyone?)

Wearing the hat, you remind me of a letter opener my mother used to keep in the kitchen "utility" drawer. Of course it would be interesting to know who made the letter opener (does it ring a bell with anyone?)

The letter opener you speak of was a Fuller Brush letter opener. I remember one lying around my grandparents' house when I was a kid.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Bild0079.jpg

Bild0081.jpg

I also particularly like the second picture. You should definitely enter that competition!

A

thedanu

Familiar Face
30's dress that I bought in a flea market a couple of weeks ago, I really love the shape :)
Sorry for the messy face and hair, it's been scorching hot in Finland for the last few weeks and trying to do any kind of makeup is completely out of question :-D

20110728-bluedress.jpg

20110728-bluedress-2.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Some very stylish ladies and gentlemen here!

Today, I'm wearing my new safari shirt and khakis. I planned on going hiking as well, in which case I'll probably be bringing along my Akubra Fed IV to protect from the hot sun.

Photoon2011-07-28at14593.jpg

Wearing my now-required glasses:

Photoon2011-07-28at14592.jpg

The hat:

Photoon2011-07-28at1515.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Been out on the eastern shore of Nova Scotia here for two weeks on a freelab. Putting that vintage and repro workwear to work.
IMG_3816.jpg

We dug the rocks, cut the trees, dug the clay and sand, etc. and built this, along with a couple other projects.
IMG_3941.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Some very stylish ladies and gentlemen here!

Today, I'm wearing my new safari shirt and khakis. I planned on going hiking as well, in which case I'll probably be bringing along my Akubra Fed IV to protect from the hot sun.

Photoon2011-07-28at14593.jpg

Wearing my now-required glasses:

Photoon2011-07-28at14592.jpg

The hat:

Photoon2011-07-28at1515.jpg

A nice setup, Good. I think it all comes together very nicely. It looks nice and casual and comfortable and stylish at the same time.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Been out on the eastern shore of Nova Scotia here for two weeks on a freelab. Putting that vintage and repro workwear to work.
IMG_3816.jpg

We dug the rocks, cut the trees, dug the clay and sand, etc. and built this, along with a couple other projects.
IMG_3941.jpg

Great workwear, and an even greater structure!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thank you very much! :)

I have to say that I'm starting to like the 30s more and more, I'm next planning to make a couple of 30s inspired skirts. I need more clothes like that! :-D
I guess who is the influence here and I support it ;-)

the 20s had a low and almost invisible waist on dresses. the 40s dresses and womens suits have too much shoulder padding for my taste. so the 30s have the perfect feminine silhouette

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot