Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
That's a cool look but there's no way to beat the heat of a New Orleans summer.

http://www.accuweather.com/us/la/new-orleans/70112/forecast-details.asp

The waistcoat was only for the airplane. Made the traveling easier (extra pockets and such). Once in nola, the getup was just trousers (with suspenders) and shirt. Worked fine as long as I brought spare shirts for dancing.

**Off topic** The dancing in New Orleans is beyond compare and dancing to small bands is so much fun.

TTO

Familiar Face
6078280984_c441b8cfe5_o.jpg
[/url] crop3 by The-0, on Flickr[/IMG]
-TTO

SteveAS

Practically Family
Another great combination, TTO!

One small suggestion: to my eye, with the broad lapels on your suit, the tie would look better proportioned if you lengthened it a little, so the tie would be a a little broader when tied.

NanaJen

New in Town
Crazy Daisy you look simply lovely! Btw, the view looks extremely familiar!

My outfit for our day out on Sunday….
Hat, Shoes, Bag and gasmask bag- all either 30’s or 40’s.
Dress- another one my Ma has made me from an early 40’s pattern!
P1010691.JPG

I hate the photo as my blooming gasmask bag was dragging down the shoulder on my dress- grr:mad:

Sorry, longtime-lurker-super-rare-poster here but, Miss Tuppence... is that Ramsey?

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Miss Tuppence, perfection as always!! You look very harmonious with the background there :).

Here's what I'm wearing on this fall-ish rainy day. I found my frock for $10.00 this weekend; it's great!
1940s dress. 1950s velvet hat. TUK t-straps.

outfit-1.jpg

Dress detail.

outfit2.jpg

TTO

Familiar Face
I like the bow tie you showed off in the bow tie thread, now seeing the whole outfit, well done.:eusa_clap
What are the shoes?

Cheers!

Dan

Another great combination, TTO!

One small suggestion: to my eye, with the broad lapels on your suit, the tie would look better proportioned if you lengthened it a little, so the tie would be a a little broader when tied.

Thank you both, the shoes are a pair of cheep brown Oxfords with red laces, they haven't been out much recently but I liked that they picked up some of the tones in the pocket square.
With regards to the bow tie, I tend to agree a slightly wider line would be better for me, this Drakes, a pointed butterfly shape, in common with most ready made bows is restricted in how wide it can be tied by its shape. I need to make a few more of my own that are large enough for my frame!
Thanks again for your interest and insights.
-TTO

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
a good look you've pulled together as usual! A good idea bringing extra shirts for dancing! Yes, yes, I agree that dancing to small live bands is much fun!

Worked fine as long as I brought spare shirts for dancing.

**Off topic** The dancing in New Orleans is beyond compare and dancing to small bands is so much fun.

HepKitty

One Too Many
I was so fashionably late for a bridal shower today that I didn't bother to take a picture until after I got home, so forgive the fact that I look like a wreck

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Hopping off to dinner tonight with dad for his birthday...

IMG_0298.jpg

Apologies for the overbrightness. The shirt is actually sky blue. Not white. The hat is dark grey (as is the waistcoat).

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
To go to town to collect my first roll of film. Please excuse the poor picture quality which may have something to do with me putting the camera on top of the radio whilst it was on :eusa_doh:.
img1357sd.jpg

-60s Prince of Wales check jacket
-50s waistcoat
-30s tie
-90s black flannel trousers with a nice high waisted, wide-legged, forward pleated cut

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Rose: wonderful!
Bigbeard: Great look!
Alan: I really like that combination!

Vintage British suit from the 1950s, vintage Dobbs 20 that I put a diamond bash in, vintage Beau Briummell tie, and black bluchers by Emling. I could have gone with a nicer shirt, but I was mostly taking photos of stuff I will put on ebay later, so the shirt had to work with a variety of jackets, etc.
(I am doing my best to follow the Alan and Orgetorix photo style but without the same level of skill...):

398254464.jpg

398254463.jpg

398254465.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats