Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Rose: wonderful!
Bigbeard: Great look!
Alan: I really like that combination!

Vintage British suit from the 1950s, vintage Dobbs 20 that I put a diamond bash in, vintage Beau Briummell tie, and black bluchers by Emling. I could have gone with a nicer shirt, but I was mostly taking photos of stuff I will put on ebay later, so the shirt had to work with a variety of jackets, etc.
(I am doing my best to follow the Alan and Orgetorix photo style but without the same level of skill...):

398254464.jpg

398254463.jpg

398254465.jpg

Excellent combination of colors, including that solid necktie!

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
Today wasn't especially warm so I decided to go with my 1937 suit in black herringbone, some modern two-tone shoes, a 1940s Tootal cotton tie in green with white spots within black diamonds and my favourite slip-over. Also pictured is my 1953 Bush wireless set, which is sadly 'not electrically safe' until I can get all the wiring and the cable fixed up.

Please excuse the blurry photographs - my camera seems to hate taking timed photographs in focus for some horrible reason.

101_0615.jpg

101_0618.jpg

EDSLocklear

New in Town
This one was unexpected, so I'll have a better one up soon:

zk62w7.jpg

I edited the photo a bit, so please ignore the fact that my face is all blurred, I'm new to it.

Also ignore the fact that the pants do not match the vest, and that my hair is messed up, it was windy that day, and I wasn;t wearing hair gel :p

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Today, just to take some pictures around town, have a film developed and buy a waistcoat from the local vintage shop.
img1382ml.jpg

-Modern "statement" hat
-40s cravat
-60s suit
-1941 gas mask bag (used as a camera case)
-brown suede brogues

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
^^^I agree with the others, Alan. Very fine look. How was the open day?
Thanks. It was quite interesting seeing all the different army vehicles. I spoke to a few police officers as well and was able to try out their bullet proof and riot shields as well as get talked through the firearms officers' equipment (interesting as armed police are extremely rare in the UK).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats