Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

This wasn't today, it was actually a week ago. I when to see my family for the 4th of July and here is what I was wearing. I got quite a few you look like you belong in Mad Men type comments. (I just got home so that is why it took so long to post.
July212017.jpg

July212011.jpg

July212013.jpg

and a close up of the fabric
July212019.jpg
Nice!!!
VM

MikeBravo

One Too Many
The weekend just past saw the staging of the 2012 Chap Olympiad in Bedford Square Gardens. The Eighth Olympiad, and for the first time a two-day event.

Marlowe Triumphant: I brought home the Gold for Saturday's event:

552542_10150913927141268_787790447_n.jpg

In the dictionary next to the word "chuffed" there is this picture Well done!

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
1950s Oxxford tweed suit with a subtle red overcheck, 1930s tie, and a tweed Retrosport casquette!

The jacket is a little long for my tastes (its a 44L I think). But I do love tweed!

403341079.jpg

Great outfit! I think the jacket looks fine in length - I had an Oxxford suit that was almost identical to that one - the lapel width, the patch pockets, and the weave - except it was a ruddy brown color with a dark brown windowpane. The pants were single-pleated, but a very generous cut in the seat and legs - I cannot do the narrower look of the late 50's early 60's - I have an "apple on a stick" physique and trim pants look ludicrous on me. PS, that tie looks familiar!!

Edward

Bartender

Well done! I love morning wear. Need to get organised and give my own an airing sometime... Such a shame that it is so much the preserve of weddings (and over here at that wedding parties alone: outside of the likes of a Windsor wedding, it seems nowadays it is viewed as the equivalent of a wedding dress or bridesmaids' dress - i.e. for wedding party alone) and the races. Something Must Be Done!

metropd

One Too Many
I must say amazing pics just missing one thing aq pocket watch. I love the highdetachable stiff collar it looks amazing . Well done may i ask what do people you meet think?

Thank you Sir. Many people love it, some people don't understand it. It can be quite polarizing. I have not received any negative comments yet, but if I do, it is to be expected. I feel so at home in "Morning Dress", it is like a second skin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR