Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Outstanding ensemble, Michael! An excellent first post indeed!

seersucker001.jpg

My new summer sport coat. Too lazy and too hot to wear a tie today, sorry gents. I'll try harder tomorrow :p

From quite a while ago (5 years, to be exact), but I'm wearing essentially the same outfit today. Maybe the shirt's different, but still a white one.

Super soft, super-lightweight grey marl 30s Borsalino, British 30s belted back sport coat pinkish-brown glen plaid with red overcheck, white 40s dress shirt, orangey-brown 30s belt, plain blue 30s herringbone suit trousers, deadstock (at that time) 40s brown brogues.

Sept242007.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
From quite a while ago (5 years, to be exact), but I'm wearing essentially the same outfit today. Maybe the shirt's different, but still a white one.

Super soft, super-lightweight grey marl 30s Borsalino, British 30s belted back sport coat pinkish-brown glen plaid with red overcheck, white 40s dress shirt, orangey-brown 30s belt, plain blue 30s herringbone suit trousers, deadstock (at that time) 40s brown brogues.

Sept242007.jpg

The pinkish hue of the jacket is spot on with those trousers.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Michael Finn wonderful complete look there.

Baron: great to see you post there. We've seen other photos of that jacket recently right? Just making sure my memory is not playing tricks on me, I think that is one I really like that you have.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
G&T you need to invest in a nice Panama or Milan to go with that outfit. The hat throw's it all off. :)
Oh believe me, I'd love to. I've been wanting a panama for some time. It's a case of more stuff to buy than money to buy it with, I'm afraid. My computer is in dire need of replacement for various reasons, not least of which that the vid card slot on the mobo is fried, so that's about 1100 bucks I need to spend in the next couple weeks.

I'll keep searching for one at the thrift stores. ^_^

Looking at that photo, I have to say that it makes the hat look much worse than it actually is. Here's a better shot of the same hat:
dscn0118c.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Not today, but recently:

At a friends wedding. 1930s Swiss silk tie - shirt by Darcy Clothing - jacket by Ede & Ravenscroft - shoes by Cheaney - trousers by Bookster (copied from a vintage pair) - wife by way of Inverness.
daveswedding213.jpg

... and cigar by Upmann:
SL.jpg

In Berlin last week, after a nice lunch at the Englischer Tee Haus in the Tiergarten. Cap by Bela (Hepville) - vintage cotton jacket - trousers by Spencers (copied from vintage pattern) - modern shirt - cravat by New & Lingwood.
Germany1.jpg

Again in Berlin. Cap by Bela - reproduction British Army tropical jacket - cravat by New & Lingwood. The chain is Edwardian. There's a silver case carrying a cheroot holder on the end inside the pocket. The charm is made from three 1944 dated Dutch coins.

Germany2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy