Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I always love seeing another bowler wearer.

IMG_0384ii.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Going to an early Christmas party tomorrow evening. As the weather will still be pretty hot, I'm wearing light, summer colours. Here's a photo of what I'll be wearing:

IMG_0245.jpg

Originally, I wanted it to be red and white (red shirt, red hanky, white everything else) to give it a more..."Christmassy" look...but I couldn't find a red shirt. So I decided to go with light blue, instead. I'd also considered wearing a BLACK shirt...but that, I thought, would look a bit weird.

I hope it meets with the board's approval.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I haven't decided yet. I was thinking of just light grey casual shoes with white socks. It's BOILING HOT (38c) today, and it won't be much cooler tomorrow (about 25-30 degrees, apparently), so I want something that'll breathe. Wearing sandals is of course, obviously not an option with this outfit. My shoes look something similar to this:

stussy-deluxe-timberland-loafer-grey-2.jpg

Mine are medium-grey loafers, with white soles.

I might wear brown leather shoes, if my brown leathers weren't already worn out. And I don't really want to wear my black formal leathers. I have a pair of big, chunky "Timberland" boots, but they're not really gonna work with this outfit, for obvious reasons.

What hat should I wear, if I decide to? I've either a white, black-banded Panama, or a boater.

Do you think the white is too much? Should I change the colour of the trousers?

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Gin! I had to alter the trousers slightly. They belonged to my dad, so they were a bit too big. I took up the hems 3 inches so that they'd fit properly. I'm very happy with the results :)

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Thanks, Gin! I had to alter the trousers slightly. They belonged to my dad, so they were a bit too big. I took up the hems 3 inches so that they'd fit properly. I'm very happy with the results :)

My only minor recommendation at this point would be to shorten up the sleeves ever so slightly (got sleeve garters?) until you have about 1/2 to 1inch of linen showing beyond the jacket cuff, and to leave your bottom jacket button unfastened. Love those flapped patch pockets on the jacket too btw.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
What hat should I wear, if I decide to? I've either a white, black-banded Panama, or a boater.

Do you think the white is too much? Should I change the colour of the trousers?

I think the panama rather than the boater. The panama is more monochrome whereas the boater might introduce another colour into the mix when the white and blue is the theme

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
IMG_0245.jpg

I'm proud to say that the blue-and-white ensemble was very well-received at the party, with a number of people paying me compliments on the look :)

I had to redo my hem-job on the trousers. I picked apart the stitching, and took them up four inches, instead of the original three, to stop the hems from catching on my heels. Now they fit perfectly :)

I snapped on a pair of sleeve-garters to finish the look, and went with the Panama hat. I think it was a big success :)

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Great Winter Styles here
- Indie Fedora
- e-workers 1904 Tweed jacket
- Buzz Rickson Chambray Shirt
- RRL Canvas Vest
- Sugar Cane Wabash pants
- Red Wing GT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members