Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
;)

21743_10151297831255909_672066844_n.jpg

Are you telling on yourself there? Made a coat from a poodle? Lol! Just teasing ya. I love that coat, what size is it?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I stayed at home today. Wore red pajama's with a terrorist (well Anti terrorist T shirt) under the pajama top. Have my fluffy skippy slippers on. Oh yes, wearing a real devilish smile, too! weeee haaaa! lol! no pictures of it however, bad hair day.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hey hey! Down boy! Down!:whip: :whip: This isn't the classifieds. :p

I know but what the heck, maybe he would toss me a bone or two...hahah! I do have a few really nice top coats, but nothing as outward as that one is. You don't see something that nice floating around much.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Calling Dinerman Come In Dinerman

Hay Dinerman are you still out there? I hope you know we are all just having fun? I personally think that is one darn cool jacket! On a serious note, what the heck is that made of? Is it synthetic, or natural? You do come up with the greatest finds.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks like made of newborn lambs fur. There is a term for it but I forgot. When I was younger my grand grandmother used to have a hat and a coat made of this and it scared me.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I would love a coat like that nonetheless.

Today, I just donned my 30's Stetson Special, 50's Hart Schaffner & Marx Blazer, 50's Richman Brothers Harris Tweed Overcoat, and 60's Seiko watch (my great grandfathers :D), and the rest are modern items, so I won't get into that!

Buttoned up!
00519.jpg

Un-Buttoned!
01315.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Baron, that coat is epic. I would totally wear that. I actually prefer the blue/black contrast over a black on black design. That coat would be awesome with a shiny silk tophat and an ascot under a wing or high stand collar. :D Love it.

Splinter - getting better and better, my friend! That ensemble is understated, yet elegant and showing plenty of panache. Keep it up!

The only minor thing I notice is that your shirt collar may perhaps be slightly too large for you. You seem to have quite a bit of space between your neck and the collar, but I could be wrong as pictures can be deceiving. Only a minor point and it detracts very, very little from the whole package.

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Hay Dinerman are you still out there? I hope you know we are all just having fun? I personally think that is one darn cool jacket! On a serious note, what the heck is that made of? Is it synthetic, or natural? You do come up with the greatest finds.

I think it's buffalo. Turn of the century, sold in upstate NY.
Of course I've got a sense of humor about it! The dog, well, maybe not so much. ;)

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
That you! I would have to agree. The shirt is from my mother's boyfriend, and well, he is a bit bigger than I am. But you are right, it is a wee-bit big. The shoulders dont fall where they should, so even that part is off.

On the flip-side, I am soon going to be purchasing some shirts that fit properly, and I am thinking about going the detachable-collar route. Something different!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot