Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
laotou said:
That's a good look on you Yeps. Seems you and I have very different weather today.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing about the weather when I saw your photo. The coat looks great, as does the hat.

Marla

A-List Customer
Yeps said:
I need to get some suspenders.
Photo58.jpg
Yeps, great job on staying stylish in the heat:eusa_clap I think suspenders (the kind with buttons) are just the thing you need:)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Marla said:
Yeps, great job on staying stylish in the heat:eusa_clap I think suspenders (the kind with buttons) are just the thing you need:)

Thank you very much. Suspenders are definitely on the shortlist of things to pick up next time I am in a decent thrift store. Then I will have to find buttons to sew on my trousers, but I think that will be easy.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
richard d. said:
Slim Portly...What great looks you have. I love your outfits and style. Should have been a model!!! ...want to know where you got the nice hat. Send more photos! Richard d.
Don't you know? I am a model... in Crazy World, where they worship skinny old bald men as if they were gods. The hat was an eBay purchase, a vintage Dobbs Fifth Avenue homburg which I rebashed into a fedora.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I was just an hour or so ago going on a little rant about ebay items gone lost due to the volcanic ash cloud over Europe three weeks ago. Ten minutes after I finished that rant, out of the blue, one of the items arrived: a 1950's scarf from the US 'Bay.

So here we go:

1950's Scarf
1950's Suit
1940's Hat

mallory_05_03_10.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
I was just an hour or so ago going on a little rant about ebay items gone lost due to the volcanic ash cloud over Europe three weeks ago. Ten minutes after I finished that rant, out of the blue, one of the items arrived: a 1950's scarf from the US 'Bay.

So here we go:

1950's Scarf
1950's Suit
1940's Hat

mallory_05_03_10.jpg

Very nice! :eusa_clap

richard d.

New in Town
What are you wearing today?

What a great looking picture, everything perfectly matched! You tie is very nice, great job with the sweater...and the hat...WOW!!! Can't overlook those very stylish shoes. Another great look, man, you do know how to dress! Sharp! richard d. / Jax/Fl
IMG_0205-crop.jpg

IMG_0206-crop.jpg

IMG_0215-crop.jpg

IMG_0216-crop.jpg

IMG_0214-crop.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Edward

Bartender
Slim Portly said:
Three-piece with interesting treatments. Knit edges of the waistcost, large patch pockets and elbow patches on the jacket, also note the button hole on the lapel. Not-quite-horizontal front pocket on the trousers. Vintage bone and brown Dexter spectators. Lid by Dave Johnson in Las Vegas.

IMG_0205-crop.jpg

IMG_0206-crop.jpg

IMG_0215-crop.jpg

IMG_0216-crop.jpg

IMG_0214-crop.jpg

Cracking suit, Slim. Is it vintage, or repro? Really like the saddle shoes, too - nice brouging detail on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara