Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Not really today, but worn last weekend at the Goodwood Revival... Mrs Sapphire wears a PanAm uniform in the design of 1958, while I chose the early 1950s style (thanks to no stripes on the sleeves at that time the Jacket can also serve non-aviation purposes).

IMG_3317vs.jpg

It was great meeting a few Loungers there, in particular the fabulous Ms Hannah...

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
I heartily agree BB!! Btw, I so loooove your current avatar pic, very Golden Era-esque;) :)
That was actually a personal portrait and used as my business card.

When I was first working in photography, so many of the shots I had planned were based on the film noir look. Unfortunately I put many of those plans aside due to time and resources....

Ironically I just recently started putting many of those plans back on the table.

So thanks for the appreciation.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
You two look FABULOUS as a vintage 50s pilot and a vintage 50s stewardess together!! TOO cool!!:) :) :)

Sapphire said:
Not really today, but worn last weekend at the Goodwood Revival... Mrs Sapphire wears a PanAm uniform in the design of 1958, while I chose the early 1950s style (thanks to no stripes on the sleeves at that time the Jacket can also serve non-aviation purposes).

IMG_3317vs.jpg

It was great meeting a few Loungers there, in particular the fabulous Ms Hannah...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Mario, a great outfit as usual Baby;) , but tell if I'm wrong here- is the coat pulling a wee bit too tight at the waist and hips, as it seems to look?

Mario said:
It's only mid-September but today the weather was so chilly, wet and generally bleak and nasty that I felt compelled to break out my overcoat before I dared to leave the house. Brrrrrrrr...I didn't really want to...but I had to...

mallory_09_14_10.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Mario, a great outfit as usual Baby;) , but tell if I'm wrong here- is the coat pulling a wee bit too tight at the waist and hips, as it seems to look?

Yes, a bit. I had the coat altered around the end of winter. My tailor took it in a tad too much and I never found the time to hand it back to him to remedy this. To be frank, at that time I was wholly focused on sunny sprintime and didn't want to have anything to do with things that reminded me of winter. ;)

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
Here's another shot of me in the Lord Cavendish custom Stetson

Yes. I lost a lot of weight. 45 lbs in the last two months and still losing. I feel great. Divorce has left me with a lot of "me" time.

61189_1201386171216_1725447886_353281_7197610_n.jpg

RJ;)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Badluck Brody said:
I've always said, that anyone can simply buy an outfit and "dress up".... But what makes so many of our folks in Lounge stand out is that "they" make the outfit work. Not the other way around!

Whether it's their appearance or personal character... it's person that makes the package complete!

Good on you folks!
I agree. I see so many young people (on the streets of Nottingham, not on this forum) who wear reasonable looking suits but look so uncomfortable in them that their outfit ends up lacking any sense of style.

If we look at Sproily though (just taking him as an example) his outfits when he joined the lounge were mostly just thrifted jackets, trousers and waistcoats but they had so much style because of the way he wore them.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thats because Sproily looks like a young Arrow Collar Man and has a great sense for mixing patterns and fabrics. But youre right about him looking confident and manly on all his pictures.lol

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Thanks CC and BB... it was big fun to get these outfits together, especially for the lady. It involved collecting lots of photos over several months...

Below a closeup with a crew van of the competition (BOAC):
IMG_3083vs.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Church's custom shoes, '40s issue trews, '30s tie, '50s vest, early '30s Belgian jacket from Mike Lewi, '30s Disney Derby.

61297_444246650908_630485908_5091002_3749315_n.jpg

63076_444247605908_630485908_5091045_6184749_n.jpg

61076_444248065908_630485908_5091068_5815467_n.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Very 60's...

In a British 'sort of' way ;) Something of a "Steed" meets 'Clockwork Orange' meets "Dr Strangelove" (and maybe something of 'The Prisoner' ) going on there, as you plan to take over mastery of the Lounge (or THE WORLD). :D

Bwahahahahah!!!!!:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24