Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
You're beautiful and I love, love, love your jacket!!!! :)

DSC_0056.jpg

And the new chick from NL is absolutely sick..

Sharp house you got there! Where do you hail from in M'waukee? My mom's from Menomonee Falls and my dad grew up on 60th and Hampton by Capitol Court. I used to live on 52nd between Bluemound and Wisconsin.

Lazy Sunday in Milwaukee.

Late 40s/early 50s light blue gab shirt; 1950s brown tweed pants.

P1040101.jpg

kools

Practically Family
I used to live on 52nd between Bluemound and Wisconsin.

Hi Tom...we're about 20 blocks due west of your old neighborhood; right down Wisconsin Avenue. This is the part of town filled with the 50s ranches; ours was built in 1953.

Last edited:
Very cool! My dad's childhood house was built in 1951 by my grandpa. 50's ranch neighborhood as well. I'm guessing it was 'Tosa where your house is once upon a time, that's how it was over on 60th and Hampton. When grandpa built the house it was on a dirt road and 3 blocks to the mailbox. Funny to think of when you see it now!

Hi Tom...we're about 20 blocks due west of your old neighborhood; right down Wisconsin Avenue. This is the part of town filled with the 50s ranches; ours was built in 1953.

annet

One of the Regulars
Great shoes, annet! And is that a portrait of your mother behind you on the shelf?

thanks! they were a late christmas present from my mother. the picture is my grandmother, taken in the fifties!

@tomasso: thanks! it's a cardigan from the comme des garçons for h&m collection a few years ago. i like how the sleeves are just a little bit too short.

Berlin

Practically Family
My favorite suit, the one I wore to homecoming. Blue 1970s large lapel shirt I picked up today. I'll never have a chance to wear it in the near future, but it was too fun to pass up.

GEDC0743.jpg

On a related note, I will be touring with The Statler Brothers....
1061-1120-large.jpg

Great suit!!!
Love your shoes aswell.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Late 30s (?) German longhair fedora
30s 'Donegal' collar
50s double breasted suit
Brown brogues

DSC05865.jpg

The collar was probably last starched 60 odd years ago, but retains the same stiffness and gloss as it did then. It would support the Riverside Shakespeare. It's also made me appreciate the swivel headed collar studs I have but have never used before. There's a cutaway at the back to make putting in the rear stud easier.

Berlin

Practically Family
30s 'Donegal' collar
50s double breasted suit
Brown brogues

DSC05865.jpg

The collar was probably last starched 60 odd years ago, but retains the same stiffness and gloss as it did then. It would support the Riverside Shakespeare. It's also made me appreciate the swivel headed collar studs I have but have never used before. There's a cutaway at the back to make putting in the rear stud easier.

Wow. I am impressed.
Did H.G Wells' time machine brought you here? ;)

W-D Forties

Practically Family
30s 'Donegal' collar
50s double breasted suit
Brown brogues

DSC05865.jpg

You look very handsome, and that's a lovely 'tache Nick. Isn't it funny when you see the person behind the avatar and they arn't what you imagine? I thought you were retired Nick!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Berlin and W-D Forties. It's been mentioned that going into my department is sometimes like stepping into a 30s film :)

My avatar is Fritz Lang, but I'm not yet 30 :lol: People have gotten my age wrong for years, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy