Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I haven't posted in here in awhile, but I'm wearing this 40s sun dress and matching jacket that I recently won on ebay, so here goes.....

IMG_1758.jpg

I can't decide if I look like I'm wearing a picnic tablecloth made into a dress or not lol

Hi Rue, glad to see you posting here again! I love your dress and saddle shoes!

X
BD

The Shooman

Practically Family
This thread is dedicated to pic posts and ensuing compliments ONLY, my friend... regardless.

l have spoken with RodeoRose about the post and cleared up our misunderstandings. She is in good spirits and o.k with my post because she understands where l was coming from given my different cultural background in clothing from most folks here. RodeoRose knows l meant no malice by it.

l think l will play it safe in future and just browse this thread and make no posts. l usually only post in the shoe thread anyway.

Regards: The Shooman.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Oh, let's all move on and keep posting more, it's the life of this lovely thread! :) Rose and Shooman, Rue, BD, everybody!

Say, I have an idea. How about everyone post their FAVORITE outfit? Sure, maybe there should be a separate thread for that, but let's go the extra mile: everyone wear your favorite threads tomorrow! I'll cheat to start off with my favorite vintage trolley uniform, worn last Sunday.

Philadelphia Transit Company, circa 1940s-50s:
PTC_uniform1.JPG

This is my favorite because it's so complete! My ticket punch and coin changer are original PTC. I made a repro hat badge to go with it. Now all I need is a large and a small PTC coat button, and I'll be all set!

All aboard the Tuesday Top Threads Trolley!
326166@N20.jpg

-Steven

Last edited:

Flicka

One Too Many
Oh for God's sake.... can we move on please? :rolleyes:

To help with that, I'm posting my only available picture, which I snapped the other day. I know it doesn't show that much but it's a polo knit I wore with a brown tweed skirt, a scarf and my new art deco earrings. Seems I've been all about tweed and knits lately.

bcf263c8.jpg

Flicka

One Too Many
And rue, I love your saddle shoes. I would like a pair just like that. Also, your hair is pretty perfect. Lovely outfit!

rue

Ouch, my condolences, Rue... (

Thank you DB, but it's fine :)
Rue, "picnic blanket" nothing! Gingham is one of my favorite fabrics, and you look gorgeous!! Love the tan and white saddles, too.

Thank you RR :D
Feelin' a mite... warm in here.
eyebrows.gif

I think I may have to revise my world-view that "all the good ones are already taken." ;)
Awww.... you're sweet :eek:

And rue, I love your saddle shoes. I would like a pair just like that. Also, your hair is pretty perfect. Lovely outfit!

Thank you Flicka! I love your whole look, especially your hair :D

HannahJane

Familiar Face
I love looking in this thread to see the nice outfits you all have, everyone looks fantastic!
Here is what I'm wearing today while I prentend that it is summer and not March. Sorry for the poor quality pic, it was taken with my phone.
IMAG0056-1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Still haven't tracked down a diffuser for that lamp. Oh well- one will turn up in the thrift shops eventually.

'40s Imperial Cap Works Cap
'40s Alpacama overcoat
modern-ish? Xinbai (Hong Kong) custom jacket
gray tweed trousers
black '50s Dr. Scholl's Copeg gunboats
'40s Arrow Tie.
IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

Last edited:

Flicka

One Too Many
I love looking in this thread to see the nice outfits you all have, everyone looks fantastic!
Here is what I'm wearing today while I prentend that it is summer and not March. Sorry for the poor quality pic, it was taken with my phone.
IMAG0056-1.jpg

Lovely! Looks like summer too. Was it very chilly to snap it?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
IMAG0056-1.jpg

You look lovely! I adore your shoes!

Thank you BD! You always look fabulous :D

xo

Thanks hun...I'm one of those that fly under the radar. Bleep...bleep! ;0

l have spoken with RodeoRose about the post and cleared up our misunderstandings. She is in good spirits and o.k with my post because she understands where l was coming from given my different cultural background in clothing from most folks here. RodeoRose knows l meant no malice by it.

l think l will play it safe in future and just browse this thread and make no posts. l usually only post in the shoe thread anyway.

Regards: The Shooman.

Hi Shooman, I hope you continue to post along with everyone else! :)

X
BD

HannahJane

Familiar Face
Flika, thank you. Luckily our garden is sheltered from the wind so I didn't get too cold while posing. I defiantly still needed a cardigan to venture further than the garden though!

Black Dahlia, thank you. The shoes here are one of my favourite pairs. They are really comfortable and not too high. I got them when I was 16 for my father's wedding, it was only afterwards someone told me that green at weddings is meant to be bad luck! I'm currently trying to hunt down some green polish to cover some scuffs on the heels, having a gravel driveway is unfortunately not kind to shoes.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
It really is quite toasty in my neck of the woods, so I spent some of the afternoon knitting in the garden wearing a 50’s sun suit (YES- a sun suit in March!!!:cool:)
Not sure it’s the best colour for a pasty creature like me though!

6877887438_f01f8279a5.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

T x

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
An outfit for spring

Beautiful spring day here today. So it was the right time to break out the lightweight cotton jacket (1960s), wonderful 'Rooster' knitted tie, and light brown moleskins. Once outside, it was teamed with a pale eight piece linen cap. The combination was very continental. Apart from the tie, it had the look of a 'party member on holiday in Odessa, 1956' (a light coloured cap always makes me think of the Black Sea for some reason).

spring.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran