Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
dsc7599a.jpg

Nice pocket square, Flo! This really adds some panache! I also like how you tuck the sweater. It reminds me of that famous picture of Walt Disney and the gang all wearing belted plus-fours and tucked fair isle sweaters.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Yes they are thick cotton and are cut very wide. Search ebay UK for swedish work trousers. I wear them very often and they work well with all sorts of greens an browns and beiges.

Do they come with very deep front pockets a high waist and buttons for braces(suspenders) and are made from a denim type material fitted with alumium buttons...if so I think I have just bought a pair along with matching jacket!...quite impressed too with them.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Great pictures all. Edward, you really like this waistcoat don't you? I can't blame you.
Gin&Tonics, I like your waistcoat too...the chain is a nice touch.
Chasseur, I can't see the pictures with you. Only the last few of the buildings and books.

Today, or rather yesterday (it's late again):
72292941.jpg

Looking good, Florian. If I wore something like that here in Los Angeles, though, I'd get heat stroke...

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Went for a visit to my local vintage clothing store and found this gem. The union tag doesn't have a date but the store estimates it's from the 50s' or 60s.

The suit fits almost perfectly; the sleeves are about 1/2" too long but not enough of a concern to have tailored.

The colour has a deep steel blue hue to it, with a weird pattern of contrasting threading. You can see the colour best with the close up shot of me.

I am wearing brown Florsheim wing tips and a pearl Barclay long hair hat.

8061121019_6a0dd0a375.jpg

8061125616_e82da3473f.jpg

8061123173_4194a298ba.jpg

8061124237_f337a1eafd.jpg

Last edited:

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
"All things on earth turn home in old October; sailors to sea, travellers to walls and fences, hunters to field and hollow and the long voice of the hounds, the lover to the love he has forsaken." So said Thomas Wolfe, anyhow - Wolfe was from Asheville - and is buried here, in Riverside Cemetery. October is considered his month hereabouts. Time for tweeds, flannels & cords. Wool boucle' jacket, tattersall shirt, corduroy pants, Trickers brogues, tweed cap and blackthorn stick.
IMG_0507.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I played tourist yesterday to NYC. I didn't want to look like a tourist, but I didn't want to be overly-dressed...I was lugging a big, heavy camera with me. :eusa_doh:

metimessquare.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner