Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
I've got a gray pinstriped 3-piece on today, new to me from a thrift shop (so no pics, yet...). The trousers were a bit long, so as I did my regular laundry ironing, I gave them a quick cuff up. Here's to the versatility of timeless menswear!

I also recently thrifted up a similar 3-piece, shown as worn 2 days ago. Not a great shot, but I felt like taking a historic-looking photo in my new place:

2013-03-14_whatIwear_img1.jpg

I need to get a better picture of that tie. Another thrift find, it's a nifty silk painted-looking floral print, just in time for spring!

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks! It's a Mark III Akubrad Federation de Luxe, about five years old, with the bash / pinch being my attempt at an 'idol grab' Raiders look.

Thanks. Heh, yeah... that's just the lift in my block. Living alone (still haven't managed to interest the cats in taking photos...), I tend to have to resort to this approach if I want photos of myself...

Ha... I can't make it out either. Fortunately it was only in dirt, no lasting damage done. Though if I caught them....

Well, as it is, with that long over coat, I thought maybe you have a small red head dish, hidden under there, in safe keeping from sight?!?Weeeee Haaawww! lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I've got a gray pinstriped 3-piece on today, new to me from a thrift shop (so no pics, yet...). The trousers were a bit long, so as I did my regular laundry ironing, I gave them a quick cuff up. Here's to the versatility of timeless menswear!

I also recently thrifted up a similar 3-piece, shown as worn 2 days ago. Not a great shot, but I felt like taking a historic-looking photo in my new place:

2013-03-14_whatIwear_img1.jpg

I need to get a better picture of that tie. Another thrift find, it's a nifty silk painted-looking floral print, just in time for spring!
Your attire looks "rather smart" to say the least.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks for the nice comments
- Lofgren Cap
- RRL Shirt
- Sugar Cane Pants
- Redbrown Wool Tie
- and my favorite RRL Canvas Vest

Each time I look at the pictures you post, I think "fashion shoot" for a magazine, perfection, clean, neat, simple but complex all the same. Razor sharp. Miles ahead of me, and I know I have spent tons on my wardrobe, but have not been "smart" enough to pick out things to go together in they way you have. Oh yes, you don't have the "old extra baggage" to tote around yet....stay away from too much pie and ice cream! LOL!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks! It's a Mark III Akubrad Federation de Luxe, about five years old, with the bash / pinch being my attempt at an 'idol grab' Raiders look.

Thanks. Heh, yeah... that's just the lift in my block. Living alone (still haven't managed to interest the cats in taking photos...), I tend to have to resort to this approach if I want photos of myself...

Ha... I can't make it out either. Fortunately it was only in dirt, no lasting damage done. Though if I caught them....

I forgot to mention, as my Wife was looking at your pictures here, (we both thought about this), and you do know (I hope) I have an really deep and horrible and wicked sense of humor at times.....thus being said, if I am ever in your area and want to visit a local bank to liberate any large sums of money, can I borrow that over coat?

Cochese

New in Town
I keep forgetting to take pictures when I come home from the carpool.

Charcoal 3-piece modern, deep purple shirt, grey tie, grey-green Jaxon C-crown.

Anxiously awaiting a new hat from Fedex.

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Decided to go and have a coffee today, dressed up of course! First time in my new morning dress with black waistcoat.

MorningDress_zps07c8d256.jpg

MorningDressII_zps27502cc2.jpg

The choice of hat was a bowler and spats were used once again.

Got comments like "Very elegant" (from elderly ladies) a couple times and one even said that he used to dress like me when he was my age, spats and all. In short the day was successful.

Edward

Bartender
I forgot to mention, as my Wife was looking at your pictures here, (we both thought about this), and you do know (I hope) I have an really deep and horrible and wicked sense of humor at times.....thus being said, if I am ever in your area and want to visit a local bank to liberate any large sums of money, can I borrow that over coat?

lol The one I have on today would be even better. Deeper pockets... ;)

Decided to go and have a coffee today, dressed up of course! First time in my new morning dress with black waistcoat.

MorningDress_zps07c8d256.jpg

MorningDressII_zps27502cc2.jpg

The choice of hat was a bowler and spats were used once again.

Got comments like "Very elegant" (from elderly ladies) a couple times and one even said that he used to dress like me when he was my age, spats and all. In short the day was successful.

I'd go with a top hat with that, myself. Looks great. I love the black waistcoat look. Interesting to see the notch lapels, not something I've ever seen on a modern production morning coat. I have one with notches, which I believe to be 1930s. Lovely Belfast tailor's label...

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
^^Impressive, and nice for you to receive some positive compliments.

Thanks! It's easy to get positive comments from elderly people if you are both young and dressing well.

I'd go with a top hat with that, myself. Looks great. I love the black waistcoat look. Interesting to see the notch lapels, not something I've ever seen on a modern production morning coat. I have one with notches, which I believe to be 1930s. Lovely Belfast tailor's label...

I chose a bowler since it's acceptable with notch lapels, even though a top hat would go well. There's always next time! Today's morning coats seem to pretty uniform with peaked lapels, one button and long tails while my coat is the exact opposite with notch lapels, two buttons and shorter tail. I'm not sure how old it is, there are no tags, maybe 1920's or before... both the coat and waistcoat do have damask buttons which remind me of the sad fact that how they are not used any more... buttons with holes are just so much easier and cheaper to sew in.

I chose a bowler since it's acceptable with notch lapels, even though a top hat would go well. There's always next time! Today's morning coats seem to pretty uniform with peaked lapels, one button and long tails while my coat is the exact opposite with notch lapels, two buttons and shorter tail. I'm not sure how old it is, there are no tags, maybe 1920's or before... both the coat and waistcoat do have damask buttons which remind me of the sad fact that how they are not used any more... buttons with holes are just so much easier and cheaper to sew in.

I think you would be ok with a Cambridge style bowler like this fellow:
View attachment 345
You get the bowler look with a taller crown. The best of both worlds. :p

Bugsy

One Too Many

Incroyable toujours!!

If I may be so bold as to suggest these frames always worth having a pair of period glasses to complete the look
http://www.eyelids.co.uk/unisex/malta.html
VM

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Wrong powers Vampyre Master and besides I'm opting to contact lenses :D.

And what's this! Second day in row Mr. Garrulus is dressed up like a gent, and I took the wise advise and used a top hat this time.

DBMorningCoat_zps250566d0.jpg

DBMorningCoatII_zpsc6752e6e.jpg

Sadly no comments this time... Only some smirks from some youngsters which I didn't care about and then some friendly smiles from some people. Maybe I was at wrong places?

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
And what's this! Second day in row Mr. Garrulus is dressed up like a gent, and I took the wise advise and used a top hat this time.

Sadly no comments this time... Only some smirks from some youngsters which I didn't care about and then some friendly smiles from some people. Maybe I was at wrong places?

Fantastic Mr. Garrulus... you look truly super :) ... and certainly well deserving of some respectable comments.

Hey Thanks. most of my Pics are serious.the provocative can be seen here:D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gijoe44/

Your set ups are brilliantly done; there must be an amazing amount of work in each shot... do you do it all yourself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails