Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Gene

Practically Family
tumblr_mkllqj5dS11qhhvpco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkllqj5dS11qhhvpco2_1280.jpg

Just finished this suit a couple days ago and thought i would take it for a spin, it's the first fancy back jacket i've made.
otherwise the shirt is Ralph Lauren and the tie is 30's-40's

FANTASTIC. I want one!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Had a night out in London last night - and a beer with FL members Anton & Edward.

nsc2_zps69f01f5a.jpg

nsc3_zps88076dc9.jpg

nsc1_zpsfb4b1807.jpg

I suppose this is my 'signature outfit': grey trousers and waistcoat, blue shirt, tweed sports jacket and the obligatory Tootal tie.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Nice. I wore a similar navy blue one to service, dated 1961. The lapels are a bit slimmer, though. Who are the makers of the suit and the hat?

I do not know the time period this hat came from but it's a nice hat.

Thanks. The suit is a Tom James Royal Classic, very nice suit, and the hat is from Carson Pierie Scott & Co.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Hello again, gentlemen. Today I went down to the court to settle some issues. This is what I decided to wear.

9Gb23Bh.jpg

The suit is a Cricketeer suit. I am guessing it's from the 1960s because of the lapels and the 3/2 roll style.
Shoes I have no idea. The brand is John Drake.
The necktie is a wool knit tie, it's from Rooster.
The shirt is Stafford, nothing special about it.
The hat is from Morrison Hats. Very nice quality, a little big on my big head :)

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Attended the 2013 New York International Auto Show yesterday with some friends. Got a lot of nice compliments from the showroom staff. One said she thought I came out of a time warp, now I wish I asked her what year it was :p
CIMG4516_zps9c8b031e.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Thank you kindly to those that commented on my last post!

Stray Cat, I bought that mauve skirt at a fair in Bath last autumn. There were indeed several exactly the same style but in different colours/fabrics - they apparently came from the wardrobe of the same lady, that had them made to measure. It fits like a glove and I am kicking myself for not getting another one in red that I was looking at. You didn't buy yours by any chance from the same source?

Below is an example of everyday attire, that I wear either at work or out and about. My latest blog entry is all about variations on this theme, as my favorite vintage/vintage style get ups play on the collegiate and/or the sportswear side of things with a little dose of mannish attire stirred in.

8618179195_e2de6196bd_c.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My dancing sweetheart Tom and I as dressed for "The April in Paris at Midnight Ball" last night (4/6/2013) in San Mateo, CA:

My gown is a newly made 20s-inspired midnight blue beaded dress made for Decades of Fashion vintage store in San Francisco, by the same designer that made dresses for the film, The Artist. This dress is perfect for me for dancing in as its not vintage-fragile. My earrings, choker, and Edwardian eyeglasses are all vintage pieces as is the peach 40s slip under the dress.

My Tom is wearing a vintage 1937 bespoke DB faille peak lapel tuxedo, with a vintage stud and cufflink set, wingtip collar with pique bib and cuffs tuxedo shirt from Jos. A. Banks, silk grosgrain self-tie bow tie from Ralph Lauren.

I need to hem up the slip about an inch, and Tom missed out on getting his haircut before the dance!

555538_326399340795784_600343814_n.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

Last edited:

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
HamilcarBarca3 - A sharp look for a serious occasion... hope you got things sorted.

Gijoe - Perfection.

GoldenEraFan - Looking great amongst the rabble.

crazydaisy - Rather stunning... again.

chanteuseCarey - A very good looking couple.

Thank you kindly to those that commented on my last post!

Stray Cat, I bought that mauve skirt at a fair in Bath last autumn. There were indeed several exactly the same style but in different colours/fabrics - they apparently came from the wardrobe of the same lady, that had them made to measure. It fits like a glove and I am kicking myself for not getting another one in red that I was looking at. You didn't buy yours by any chance from the same source?

Below is an example of everyday attire, that I wear either at work or out and about. My latest blog entry is all about variations on this theme, as my favorite vintage/vintage style get ups play on the collegiate and/or the sportswear side of things with a little dose of mannish attire stirred in.

8618179195_e2de6196bd_c.jpg

Oh perfect XX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24