Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
from last night:

The four of us (myself, my bf Tom, my dd Sarah and my ds Daniel) went to the Spring Flowers Gaskell Ball held at the Scottish Rite Center in Oakland, CA.

the venue:

the guys, both resplendant in their vintage formalwear:

the girls, looking gorgeous in their modern evening gowns:

sister (age 18-1/2) and brother (age 16-1/2):

sweethearts, Tom and I:

Last edited:

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Menswear-Necktie-Trend.jpg

Women necktie. :D
LOVING it!

SteveAS

Practically Family
Poor quality photo at a high quality event: the Art Deco Society of California's Art Deco Preservation Ball. That's me on the left. I'd have liked to have gotten a carnation, but I couldn't find a boutonnière in anything other than a rose, so I did without.

Artdecoball.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
A candid photo while photographing part of the Hudson's Bay Blanket collection.
Pendleton blanket vest, LVC sunset shirt, 1933 LVC levis, lizardskin roper boots

MB15

New in Town
Hello,
newest suit, with thanks to fellow lounger Qirrel:

Nice sturdy fabric, nice to wear, and won't get uncomfortable on warmer days.
Greetings
Marco

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Poor quality photo at a high quality event: the Art Deco Society of California's Art Deco Preservation Ball. That's me on the left. I'd have liked to have gotten a carnation, but I couldn't find a boutonnière in anything other than a rose, so I did without.

Artdecoball.jpg

I must say I really like the alternative you found to hang off your lapel!

brendond

New in Town
from last night:

The four of us (myself, my bf Tom, my dd Sarah and my ds Daniel) went to the Spring Flowers Gaskell Ball held at the Scottish Rite Center in Oakland, CA.

the venue:

the guys, both resplendant in their vintage formalwear:

the girls, looking gorgeous in their modern evening gowns:

sister (age 18-1/2) and brother (age 16-1/2):

sweethearts, Tom and I:

CC again i must say lovely pics you all look amazing . you girls could give hollywood a run for there money and the guys in the stiff collar etc look amazing. Cn i ask has your sun always liked vintage clothing . I only got into vintage in my 20's and love my stiff collars but they take some getting used to did you sun find them easy?.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Not today but two days ago we attended the final opera of the season (a nice production of Tosca).

RLPL belted back DB linen sportcoat, RL POW check trousers, 1930s tie, vitnage BB boater, vintage sunglasses, and a Luxire vintage style shirt.

406479823.jpg

406479821.jpg

406479824.jpg

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the jungle...

I think the sport coat I'm wearing today was listed in the "For Sale" forum not too long ago... so apologies in advance if I was bidding against anyone here! ;) If it's any consolation, it fits very comfortably.

I tried to "theme" this outfit with the greens, brown and the exotic tie - it creates a sorta "Jungle" aesthetic, I like to think. It's an aqua green late 30's/early 40s sport coat, a light green 1930's shirt, a Haband tie I recently posted (with a parrot on it), brown 1950's Hollywood waist trousers, modern shoes by Cole Haan and 1930's green-tinted sunglasses.

small.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's a selection from this week:

Monday
monday_zps4f2b53a8.jpg

Tuesday
tuesday_zpsae0eda09.jpg

Wednesday
wednesday_zps5c3bd8ef.jpg

Thursday
Thursday_zps8845566a.jpg

I just got this waistcoat from ebay. It's from Dunn & Co and probably dates back to the 1970s. The seller advertised it as 'deadstock' although the couple of moth nips and the smell of Woodbines makes me doubt this! But I like the smell of old tobacco - it makes me think of the days when everybody's clothes smelt of tobacco (regardless of whether they were smokers).

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
What a fine collection of people and clothes... Chasseur - fine attire for the opera... Hyena Stomp - what a super look you've put together... Two Types - pure class every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy