Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Bumped into this fella, on the way up the stairs!

P1040697.jpg

Danny O

:D Nice one!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Typical casual weekend wear. 1950's Sports Jac shirt, '50s cotton-rayon-acetate slacks, modern bass shoes.
CIMG5489_zps5f13ef3f.jpg

Very nice and casual. Summery look :) I love that radio on top of the cabinet. It's dandy! How old is it and what make/model?

Allen Edmonds Fifth Streets are definitely worth your money.

Very studious. A nice Royal in the background :D

Edward

Bartender
The trousers were made by Spencers (using the same pattern they use for all my trousers).

I'm not sure about whether the shoes are current Royal Navy issue. I got them from Sabre Sales (in Southsea). They had a room just filled with Royal Navy shoes - both leather and canvas.

Now you say that, I'm not sure whether they're current issue myself... I do remember that when I first got into army surplus stuff back in the eighties, most of it was stuff that hadn't been issued since the Seventies... I think a lot of the British stuff was leftover stocks from when they had a big redesign either during or after the Falklands conflict. 'modern', though, is what's common - i.e. within the last decade or so. My leather ones are a cracking pair of shoes, for relatively little outlay. I'd definitely jump on some of the canvas ones.

I need to look into Spencers, it seems... (still hoping you'll pilot a run of historically accurate Oxford Bags, based on your research.... I want to buy several pairs, and somebody needs to teach those damn lindy hoppers how to wear real vintage style instead of fancy dress.... ;) ).

Nice! I love brown when it's done well. Superb looking jacket - what is it?

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Patrick Hall: Suit, waistcoat, bow tie and boots: in summer in Texas!!! I hope you have air conditioning!

Yes - it was a "Groundhog Day" kind of experiment - first wool suit since April. I regretted it around 2PM. Will be sticking with summer suits for at least another month.

Thanks for the kind words, all!

AntonAAK

Practically Family
I need to look into Spencers, it seems... (still hoping you'll pilot a run of historically accurate Oxford Bags, based on your research.... I want to buy several pairs, and somebody needs to teach those damn lindy hoppers how to wear real vintage style instead of fancy dress.... ;) ).

I am recent convert to Spencer's and have just today ordered my third pair. I am hooked and may never buy trousers from anyone else again.

A

Edward

Bartender
I am recent convert to Spencer's and have just today ordered my third pair. I am hooked and may never buy trousers from anyone else again.

A

Good to know! Trousers are the hardest thing, I find, to find. Plenty of serviceable jackets these days, with an average, early 30sy lapel (about 3"...), but so, so many narrow legged hipsters in the trouser department.... :(

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Good to know! Trousers are the hardest thing, I find, to find. Plenty of serviceable jackets these days, with an average, early 30sy lapel (about 3"...), but so, so many narrow legged hipsters in the trouser department.... :(
Thats why there should be early 20s dances. That way the hipster's narrow legs and highwaters will be correct.

cpdv

One of the Regulars

I run the fitting room at my local Old Navy. Brooks Brothers "fitzgerald fit" seersucker jacket mid 20s plus fours in a natural linen with light blue windowpane (to match the blue in the seersucker and the light blue stripes in my shirt. What you can not see are my cheastnut and white allen edmonds spectator shoes that are a 90th anniversary re release of a shoe of theirs from 1922.

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Nice! I love brown when it's done well. Superb looking jacket - what is it?
Thanks Edward!
I found the jacket at a thrift store. It's locally (New Zealand) made, 100% wool, likely from the 80's or 90's. Sadly, like most NZ clothing manufacturers, the company has since closed down. It's short in the body and reminded me of a vintage wool flight jacket. The price was right too, $10 ;)

Mister Freedom Road Champs
LVC 1967

232323232%7Ffp54352%3Enu%3D82%3B9%3E%3B39%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D368584529334%3Anu0mrj
Beautiful boots Boyo! I've heard good things about the Road Champs.

One day when I get some spare cash I really need to invest in a nice pair of engineer boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto