Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Thanks chaps. Both were made using old proportional measures drafts from Tailor and Cutter.

Nice work, Baron! BTW, if you need 'em, the RBKC reference library on the King's Road where I used to work has a massive collection of bound copies of Tailor & Cutter in their 'costume collection' – you can request 'em from the reference desk...

Two Types & Diner Hunter look brill, as ever, too!

Today I was working on a custom belt order and so was in the house pretty much all day. However, I did 'test drive' the deadstock 'bleu' work jacket I picked up in Paris over the weekend, which cost a princely E15 / $20 / £12.50, during a quick trip to our local market, then later for a couple of convivial pints! It looks good matched with a pair of 1940s Freddies jeans, engineer boots, red neckerchief and a flecked 'big apple' style cap... sadly, Mrs Badger didn't snap a pic... :(

Metatron

One Too Many
Some good outfits.

Mattface, in spite of what you said, the tie looks long enough to wear with lower rise trousers.
Kurtz, good to see more home-made stuff.
Two Types, you have made the formal wear a lot less stuffy with your personal touches.
Lady Macbeth of course steals that last photo. :)

Thanks. My apologies, but you'll have to remind me what RBKC is!

The British Library also has all the T&Cs in the newspaper archive, which should be useable again soon.

Nice work, Baron! BTW, if you need 'em, the RBKC reference library on the King's Road where I used to work has a massive collection of bound copies of Tailor & Cutter in their 'costume collection' – you can request 'em from the reference desk...

Two Types & Diner Hunter look brill, as ever, too!

Today I was working on a custom belt order and so was in the house pretty much all day. However, I did 'test drive' the deadstock 'bleu' work jacket I picked up in Paris over the weekend, which cost a princely E15 / $20 / £12.50, during a quick trip to our local market, then later for a couple of convivial pints! It looks good matched with a pair of 1940s Freddies jeans, engineer boots, red neckerchief and a flecked 'big apple' style cap... sadly, Mrs Badger didn't snap a pic... :(

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The mobile version of the FL really sucks . I overlooked a whole page because of the shitty navigation. Great morning wear, TT. The pinned club collar is very nice. I recently acquired a shirt with holes for the pin too. It's really an upgrade to the normal shirts, isn't it? Here is a silly picture taken in an elevator in Vienna last saturday. We visited a sales fair for vintage inspired clothes.
rhv5.jpg

Baron Kurtz you are getting better and better with your designs. Love the polka dot fabric. The lower patch pocket on the waistcoat seems to be far on the outside. Is this intentional or just an illusion because the waistcoat isn't buttoned.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Thanks. My apologies, but you'll have to remind me what RBKC is!

The British Library also has all the T&Cs in the newspaper archive, which should be useable again soon.

Apologies, Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea... I remember a letter from '64 or so, deploring the lack of tie-wearers among 'beat groups' like the Stones, Kinks and Pretty Things – would love to read that again, if you happen to see it! :p

winterland1

Practically Family
I finally got around to scrolling through this thread and have to hand it to everyone and their great clothes.
I have been noticing more people in public who dress well and I go out of my way to say they look great. Especially the old timers.
:eusa_clap

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24