Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

kwitie

New in Town
A made to measure outfit in Hertfordshire, UK. Conveniently around the corner from where I work.
http://www.williamyoung1876.com/

Although the tailoring on their website is very modern, they were able to make classic looking suits for me as I gave them very specific measurements for things like the lapel width, button spacing and height, trouser width, rise... They also have a huge selection of classic British cloths.
Thanks - you are a gent!

volvomeister13

One of the Regulars
the high belt really helps give it an early 20s feel.

today:

_1020342_zpsbd5d9afc.jpg

What would you call the type of fabric used on this shirt?

RW Observer

New in Town
Hello all, recently I said that I might post some screenshots from my reviews, allow me to elaborate on that. I don't have a camera in my possession, and I do not have, nor do I intend on attaining a smartphone any time soon so obviously getting pictures of my attire would be difficult to say the least. However, I have a flip video camera that I have been using to film short review videos which I post on YouTube to an audience. I produce these reviews, mostly of food and drink wearing my daily attire and since I make several of these videos every week, they can serve, in a way as a representation of what I wore that day. With that being said, I will occasionally post a screenshot from the review video here, I just don't want to spam this thread with my images.

Some background on my videos, I have been making weekly reviews on YouTube of frozen/fast food and drink since 2011. In every review I simply wear what I wore that day, obviously being traditional attire. The videos follow a uniform format, with discussion and consumption of the product complete with commentary and simple humor, the videos are not extravagant and no editing is performed. In early 2013 a video of mine gained attention on various sites, and since then my audience has grown to several thousand people. Obviously I am heavily criticized by many people for both my manner of dress and speech, however I have continued on with these videos for the few who don't feel the need to mock and swear at me for being who I am. With the introductions concluded, here are a few screenshots from my videos.

View attachment 14992
View attachment 14993
View attachment 14994
View attachment 14995
View attachment 14996
View attachment 14997
View attachment 14998

I wear anything from shirt and tie sets, to wing collars, to vintage suits, to frock coats in my reviews. The most recent image is the last one, from a special review I filmed yesterday in which I broke out the Prince Albert frock coat.

I apologize for taking up so much space here.

Regards,
RW Observer

Last edited:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Today after church. As it's Fathers Day, in memory of my Dad, I have on one of his old ties, his tie clasp, and his old wristwatch. The jacket is one that looks almost like his that I still have, but can't wear. Dad wore a 52 extra long and I wear a 60 extra long.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hello all, recently I said that I might post some screenshots from my reviews, allow me to elaborate on that. I don't have a camera in my possession, and I do not have, nor do I intend on attaining a smartphone any time soon so obviously getting pictures of my attire would be difficult to say the least. However, I have a flip video camera that I have been using to film short review videos which I post on YouTube to an audience. I produce these reviews, mostly of food and drink wearing my daily attire and since I make several of these videos every week, they can serve, in a way as a representation of what I wore that day. With that being said, I will occasionally post a screenshot from the review video here, I just don't want to spam this thread with my images.

Some background on my videos, I have been making weekly reviews on YouTube of frozen/fast food and drink since 2011. In every review I simply wear what I wore that day, obviously being traditional attire. The videos follow a uniform format, with discussion and consumption of the product complete with commentary and simple humor, the videos are not extravagant and no editing is performed. In early 2013 a video of mine gained attention on various sites, and since then my audience has grown to several thousand people. Obviously I am heavily criticized by many people for both my manner of dress and speech, however I have continued on with these videos for the few who don't feel the need to mock and swear at me for being who I am. With the introductions concluded, here are a few screenshots from my videos.

View attachment 14992
View attachment 14993
View attachment 14994
View attachment 14995
View attachment 14996
View attachment 14997
View attachment 14998

I wear anything from shirt and tie sets, to wing collars, to vintage suits, to frock coats in my reviews. The most recent image is the last one, from a special review I filmed yesterday in which I broke out the Prince Albert frock coat.

Regards,
RW Observer

Welcome! I might have heard of, or stumbled upon one of your videos before, on YouTube. I have never browsed Reddit much at all. Criticism is very harsh, and from what you mention, it seems that it wasn't real criticism so much as immaturity and rude behavior. Don't let that stop you from dressing or behaving the way you do. It is very nice that you've decided to present yourself wearing suits and ties, and even wearing the hats. I dress like that sometimes, myself, but if it is your daily attire, you are quite disciplined! It seems you fit in at this forum already.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars

View attachment 14992
View attachment 14993
View attachment 14994
View attachment 14995
View attachment 14996
View attachment 14997
View attachment 14998

Regards,
RW Observer

I read about you from the forum bodybuilder. You got supporters and I think your videos are cool, don't change dude :) I think most of the people insulting are trolls from 4chan.

In other news, I wore this today.

JLjdPWq.jpg

EGQ4OdZ.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Nice, Hamilcar Barca! About the most formally dressed I've been all week, was a white shirt, vintage 1920s or 1930s red plaid tie, slim (not very skinny, either) Old Navy khakis, and reproduction U.S. Army Type II dress shoes (they are in fact boots). Are you also interested in Phoenician/Carthaginian history? By your username, I'd assumed that you would've been.

Last edited:

cpdv

One of the Regulars
After having just got back from a rather warm walk about town. I copied the leaving the jacket open with the belt done from a photo in the 1920s suit thread. Naturally I did have a collar and tie on along with my straw boater but now that i've returned home the 2nd and 3rd stories that I live on are rather warm for a tall starched collar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk