Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
HS, that jacket is a real catch. The leather looks amazing. It really must have soaked in that conditioner. And Nick, great to see you in this thread! I really love the patch pockets on your tweed coat, and that collar is lovely. Are your trousers a lighter shade of gray? I always worry that pairing my gray tweed herringbone sport coat with gray flannels won't present enough contrast, but it looks great here!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Patrick! The trousers are actually black and white houndstooth, so there's more contrast in real life, but they look gray in the (admittedly not especially clear) photo.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Hello all!
Went for a stroll out in Markeaton Park in Derby today with my wife. The sun shone but it was still nippy enough for two layers of tweed!

As for you gents:
Dinerman - I love those boots. I can never seem to come across any that hold such a nice shape.
Luftwaffles - Great shirt and tie combo. Perfect collar.
Nick D - That tweed jacket fits superbly. Especially the shoulders!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliment tropicalbob! Yes it was very pleasant in the sunshine - but it grew on to rain and sleet not ten minutes after this photo was taken. I had toyed with going out in something more 'spring-like' but was glad I wrapped up in the end.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Nice shot Eddie I know it well, some nice clothing there..
Lovely coat sadly it'll be time for them to go away soon, I'm standing at Belper leisure centre this weekend and will hopefully get away with my thorn proof tweed suit.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Thanks Estaban. Very true - but look on the bright side. Summer means flash ties, soft slacks and bright blazers! I don't usually look forward to my summer wardrobe but this year I have some new additions that I am keen to try out. Do you have any pictures of your thornproof? I'm very keen on them - both for the aesthetics and the fact you can just about get away with wearing them all year around.
Are you selling anything interesting at Belper?

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
If you attend on Sunday you'll see it in person, all sorts mostly male orientated, 'mantiques' etc....there's usually a couple of other sellers selling clothing, I bought some really nice ties there last month, parking is a breeze and entrance is a pound or two I forget.....

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Sounds interesting - I'll see if me and my wife are available. I've just had a look at your blog - do you know anything about Rolls Razors? I've got a couple and one is boxed and I've never really known whether to try using them or try selling them. I think one is a Viscount and the other an Imperial.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Wearing my new favorite (and green!) vintage suit. early/mid 40's. Rest is modern Brooks Bros. Unseen are Alden cordovan short-wings with a chunky double sole.

wnA4T61l.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Patrick: your outfits are always so well put together. That suit looks splendid.

Eddie: Is that a tab collar on your shirt? I like the outfit, it has that sort of mid 20th century classic look that doesn't easily fall into any particular era. It's exactly the sort of stuff I wear - i.e. not too obviously vintage.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
TwoTypes - no it is an ordinary collar but with a collar clip. I don't go anywhere without one on. And thanks for the compliment! I tend to wear whatever I fancy with no restrictions on specific era. I always start with the shirt and tie and work outwards.

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
This jacket needed a little alteration before it fit; bellow pockets! Circa 33-35 (NRA label in the pocket), I'm sure I've posted it somewhere here before. I was considering trading it away for something that fit better but I'm happy with the alteration. Could be an inch shorter but that's an alt. I'm not going to monkey with! Oh, and 20s-30s optimo and Palm Beach necktie. The hat has my name stamped in the sweatband, ain't that neat and weird at the same time? :)

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy