Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

StanleyVanBuren

Marty M. said:
Thanks Stanley, It really is a great coat. It was made by "Cardinal of Canada". I bought it new sixteen years ago. This coat has been through many, many Minnesota winters with me. I wore it everyday of winter (and winter is very long here) for fourteen years. And it still looks new. It's like an old friend. I'll try to get a better picture of it. Thanks again buddy,
Marty Mathis

I definitely would not have guessed. Of course, I assumed that since the photo was taken in your shop that it was something new. Looks like it's held up well. And what a great pattern!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
EvenOdd said:
We'll be expecting another picture in ten years to see how he's come along. Though, you'll need to find that outfit in a larger size by then.

Ha! I do have a vintage wool knicker/vest set that looks as if it would fit about an 8 year old. I don't think it'll be as easy getting him to wear it then!

DB, thanks... but I think one of me is quite enough! I can barely stand myself sometimes! :D Besides, cloning freaks me out :eek:
If they could just work on all the flaws I have instead of making a double!
Nikki

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ohairas said:
I can throw together some really odd stuff. Today I wore a vintage "victorian" blouse from the 80's, remember the GAP? lol! Along with mod gouchos, boots, and leather jacket. Chandy earrings and victorian brooch. Weird, I know...(we hairdressers can get away with it, right Brooks??)
Nikki
2072586319_5208496698.jpg

[/IMG]
I LOVE this look. You put this together very well. :eusa_clap
Also, the hat is great.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ohairas said:
... Well, Indy, I'm trying to start my young chap off on the right foot!;) Here's my 2 year old son~
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/ohairas/Birthday boy/novaknickers.jpg ...

Nikki

Somewhere there's one of me at that same age (50 years ago - hard to believe!) in a little outfit almost identical. My mother made the outfit, pants, jacket, hat and all. We still have the little jacket, but the rest of the outfit is long gone.

You really have an adorable little boy. I know you must be really proud of him.

Antje

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Ahh, love all of the sharp dressed men!!

Brooksie you look lovely. That blouse is to die for! (ahem.. along with your sofa, hehe.. had to throw that in! ;) )

I can throw together some really odd stuff. Today I wore a vintage "victorian" blouse from the 80's, remember the GAP? lol! Along with mod gouchos, boots, and leather jacket. Chandy earrings and victorian brooch. Weird, I know...(we hairdressers can get away with it, right Brooks??)
Nikki
2072586319_5208496698.jpg

2072584659_6bbab742e0.jpg

And I received this awesome hat from the bay today... 40's cartwheel from Gimbels!! I bought a pinstriped suit at a garage sale for $2 and always wanted to do a Titanic Rose boarding suit look with it. So tonight I tried it on just for fun. The hat isn't laying right tho, since I had my hair up too high for it.
2073376642_59267be0fd.jpg

Here I took my hair down and I'm wearing the "boarding earrings" repros.
2073373312_5d0caa91c9.jpg

Wow really great outfit,
Love the first pic, but I love the
white suit also

Brooksie

One Too Many
Marty M. said:
Brooksie, you make that beautiful outfit even more beautiful. The color and fit of your ensemble is perfect. Bravo.
Marty Mathis

Thank you so much Marty, that is quite the compliment coming from a such a well dressed fashion affectionado as yourself.

Brooksie

AlanC

jake_fink said:

The quilted jacket is an English classic, made by such companies as Barbour, John Partridge (what mine is) and Lavenham. Beretta and other Italian companies have also copied it. What I gathered from the comment was that Mom is a snappy dresser.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I want one!

AlanC said:
The quilted jacket is an English classic, made by such companies as Barbour, John Partridge (what mine is) and Lavenham. Beretta and other Italian companies have also copied it. What I gathered from the comment was that Mom is a snappy dresser.

Alan, I think that quilted jacket is an excellent garment.
Hemingway Jones is wearing a quilted jacket in some of the photos/video from their recent trip to France. It looks very sharp.
:eusa_clap

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I'm wearing one of my favorite sweaters today. I'm so glad it's sweater season again, I love them! It's a gray argyle v-neck with a black and red pattern, worn with a white blouse with a peter pan collar underneath, black a-line skirt, gray tights, a pair of patent leather ballet flats and my tortoise shell cat's eye glasses.

AlanC

carter said:
Alan, I think that quilted jack is an excellent garment.
Hemingway Jones is wearing a quilted jacket in some of the photos/video from their recent trip to France. It looks very sharp.

Thanks! I highly recommend them. And if I'm dressing like Hem I must be doing it right.

Keep an eye on Sierra Trading Post for good options from Barbour (such as this one) and John Partridge. There are plenty of models for Mom there, too. ;) There's almost always a 20% off coupon code for STP floating around if you do some digging.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
carter said:
Alan, I think that quilted jack is an excellent garment.
Thanks, Carter! It's a Barbour. They are very popular in both Paris and Italy. I think they look great over a sportcoat or suit. It's a great look.

Thanks!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
Thanks, Carter! It's a Barbour. They are very popular in both Paris and Italy. I think they look great over a sportcoat or suit. It's a great look.
Thanks!

Thanks, Tim! I'll never look as dapper as you but, thanks to Alan, I ordered a Barbour from Sierra Trading Post this morning. Now all I need is a ticket to Paris!
Alan, I've never shopped at STP before but it looks like a site I'll be visiting often. Thanks!

AlanC

carter said:
Alan, I've never shopped at STP before but it looks like a site I'll be visiting often. Thanks!

You'll like them. You can get some great deals there, and they have a no questions asked return policy on everything. I've ordered from them a lot. Order from them with zero worries.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Ralph Lauren A-1 knockoff in black deersuede, which is super soft and absorbs all available light (so this is the best pic I could get).
2076182810_e557c9d2e4_o.jpg

Really an exceptional jacket. The standup collar is comfy on blustery days. The button front makes it almost like a suede cardigan, except way hipper.
Got this off eBay at a substantial discount from retail. The seller may still have some.

Rest of outfit: taupe Selco Ten, black teaneck, moss green cords and service shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ