Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Jovan

Suspended
Role models indeed! Let's teach our kids to place no importance on the event they are attending at all. :rolleyes: If they put on a polo shirt and khakis, they get some credit for at least trying.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
J. M. Stovall said:
Here I am at the St. Valentine's Day Dance with Sydney. I'm wearing a red rose boutonni?®re and she has the matching wrist corsage.

DSC_0010s2.jpg

Wonderful!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Patrick Murtha said:
It's hitting the 40s in Wisconsin today -- which really does feel warm after a long winter --
So true, and it's funny how cold the same 40's seem in Fall, after a warm Summer.;)

Jerekson

One Too Many
I should try putting a flower in my 40's suit. It would probably look good.
I've got a big flower plant in my yard (I can't remember what kind), but it only blooms at certain times.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Jerekson said:
I should try putting a flower in my 40's suit. It would probably look good.
I've got a big flower plant in my yard (I can't remember what kind), but it only blooms at certain times.

Some flowers are better as boutonnieres than others, because they can hold up during a day's wear. Others start to lose their petals rather quickly, which is not a desirable effect. I'm looking forward to receiving the book I ordered from Amazon, because I'm anticipating that it contains a lot of solid information about which flowers work best.

You can't go wrong with carnations, and they come in lots of colors.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
At a leadership conference later today -- one way to get out of the office!

Pearl-gray pinstripe SB 2B ventless suit, with plain bottom trousers
White on white point collar French cuff shirt
Black/silver/burgundy slant-stripe patterned tie
Silver tie bar, angled down
Black silk pocket square, points up
Lemon-colored carnation, right lapel
Square silver cufflinks with black insets
Black silk braces
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Armani Mania cologne
Light grey paisley OTC socks
Vintage burgundy striped garters (the socks have lost some of their stay-uppiness)
Bally sleek black penny loafers
Oakley sunglasses

JEEP

Practically Family
Sorry about the bad lighting:

Outfit_200308.jpg

Beige, gray and brown checkered shirt
Gray knitted west
Light brown jacket
Khaki wool trousers
Brown leather belt
Brown leather shoes
50s/60s tie
Silver lapel pin
Omega Suverän

A close up of the tie:

529443978_Big.jpg

The silver lapel pin; a burning candle with the motto "Semper Ardens" - "forever burning":

532000096_Big.jpg

Today's watch; my new 1945 Omega Suverän - the strap should have been brown to match the belt and shoes though:

194510416490OmegaSuvernSManuel30-5.jpg

/Jakob

CeceliaRose

New in Town
So much love...

Lyburnum: I love the purse you're carrying in your last post. Very classy, but looks big enough for all the necessities.

Thunderw21: love the flower, and how it brings out the color in the tie. Very nice.

Patrick Murtha: your descriptions are always so detailed, I have no trouble picturing your outfits. Plus it makes the list maker in me happy.

JEEP: great watch - so simple, but makes a dramatic statement.

Jovan

Suspended
I agree. I'm not normally a fan of complex designs on ties, but this one works so well because it's grounded with a solid background and neat pattern. Great sweater, too. The vertical ribbing is very flattering and different from the usual v-neck.

JEEP

Practically Family
Thank you all for the compliments - they mean a lot to me, especially when they are coming from people of such exeptional styles as your's.

The sweater is knitted by my girlfriends' great-aunt - she loves to knit for me, as I actually appriciate and, as she puts it, knows that it is polite to say thank you :)

The tie has been bought especially with the sweater in mind - wearing it on it's own would, in my opinion, be too "extreme".

I have always been fond of watches with two-tone bulls-eye dials, something about them just screams "man of action" :D

Regards.

Jakob

lyburnum

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
I wish, I wish, I wish I looked like you.

Unfortunately I just can't do classy, its a complete impossibility for me.

Unfortunately for me, classy is one of the looks my boyfriend doesn't like - as it makes him feel insecure. Complicated much?!

Anyway, today I went all modish. Eep.

IMG_0071.jpg

I look all angry faced - sorry! :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran