Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
chanteuseCarey said:
Next we need to see ya as an enlisted man in a vintage uniform...

Queen035-1.jpg

Something like that ? :) I really like your aircraft worker look Fletch, you build 'em, i'll fly 'em !

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Not today, but Saturday. I only just got the pictures, otherwise they'd have been up in time. I have no idea how I coped with the warm weather on that day, but somehow I managed to spend the whole day outside in town without actually getting too hot.
l_1a7c3cac48cc48feb3d1152688f1b3c4.jpg

Grey Stetson Chatham
Modern dark turquoise 6 on 1 DB suit, there is a slight blue pinstripe pattern to it but it's only noticable very close up.
Modern white shirt with double cuffs
Tie inherited by my father, unknown age
Golden 50's cufflinks (the only actual vintage item)

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
Nice suit Avedwards! So I guess you tracked down that illusive double breasted suit you were hunting last month. Looks great on you. I'm also glad to see the sun came out for a bit. Based on some of your posts I was starting to think it was Monsoon Season year round over there.

Cheers

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Granadaguy and Barelhouse :). First thing my mol commented on seeing me was "nice suit" as well.

The brim is tweaked, but it wasn't like that all day. I changed it the moment I took my hat off and noticed it.

I did manage to find the suit at last. At a stand in the market selling suits for £15 which came from a shop which had gone bankrupt. I feel horrible at having profited from someone else's bad luck, but at rrp I wouldn't have been able to afford this probably.

And the weather has been sunny and cloudless all week, but who knows for how long? It may stay like this for another month, it may rain tomorrow. That's what English weather does. ;)

MissHannah

One Too Many
This was actually from the weekend, not today so I'm cheating a bit. Not the clearest image due to taking it in a not-huge mirror!

Outfit300509A.jpg

Blouse: Vintage from Ebay a few years ago. It's polished cotton.
Skirt: Deadstock vintage bargain from Ebay. Late 40's at a guess, made from linen with a self-cover belt.
Shoes: Black Marks and Spencer wedges, £19.50
Hair flowers: Flamingo Amy

BlackWedges2.jpg

This was the hair:

Hair300509A.jpg

Hair300509C.jpg

I'm afraid I didn't wear it to church or to volunteer anywhere - just to have tea and a walk with my best friend and we went to some charity shops looking for (and finding) bargains!

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:

The skirt and blouse give a wonderful silhouette! But my favourite part is your earrings, those are really something!! Beautiful hair, too. I like it all! The colour scheme is super effective

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Love the skirt MissHannah! and also the pretty white bag sitting on top of your wardrobe...been looking for a wicker bag, but what I have seen was not quite it, yours is a lovely little thing...:)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Breathtaking as always, MissHannah! The shoes are sexy (on you!). A girl like you should always have a huge mirror nearby <3

Outfit300509A.jpg

Hair300509C.jpg

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Today i was in the Swiss Mountains, it was a bit eary, the wind cold and the Snow stll there. In this extem conditions functionality comes before Style.
I learned my thick US M1911 Sweater to love !
- Mountain Cap
- Swiss Farmer Shirt
- German HBT " Drillich" Trousers
- Sailor Shirt
- US WWII Service Shoes
- "Bergen " Backpack
- Australian Cavalery Canteen

More Pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/VEREINBRO/RealpGoschenen0206091928?feat=directlink

Forum statistics

Threads
Members