Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
just got back from a great day, but had to show that I can actually be very casual dressed!! Well after 5 p.m. This is my speedboating/drive in movie/Rizzo inspired outfit ;)

Sorry for the very windblown hair and..eeek..a tan!! Gingham shirt, denim shorts and 40s-esque suede wedges which makes my legs über long, bot very wobbly on a boat!!

DSCN0678.jpg

This. Is. Perfect.

xoxo

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
Here's the outfit for today. A Vintage-Inspired outfit, and a 2nd day hairstyle. The quasi 40's smocked blouse is from Macy's, the wool gored trumpet skirt is Ralph Lauren Chaps. The shoes are my ballroom dance shoes.

The only vintage pieces I have on is the little 30s dress clip which is 1/2 of a duette, and my 40s eyeglasses.

I actually like the front of my hair better today then how it looked yesterday when I got it set! So much so that I made the head shot pic my avatar.
368614967.jpg

368614990.jpg

You're always so elegant looking!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
channeling Emma Thompson in "Howard's End" today

Today we went to a 1908 4th of July picnic at a historic home in Oakland, CA. The Pardee House was built in the Italianate style in 1857. People were encouraged to dress attired from 1890 -1920. My ensemble is vintage-inspired. The white silk blouse with lace detailing and pintucks was bought in Brugges, Belgium in 1992. I made the pink silk burn out velvet skirt with silk charmeuse lining many years ago. My hair is very fuzzy in this picture, but was mostly covered by my hat all day anyway. I'm holding a pink gingham check battenburg lace edged parasol and my old pink feather fan in one hand, and my big Easter hat with feather band in the other (kinda hard to tell). Detail pics to follow soon.
368764283.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
Today we went to a 1908 4th of July picnic at a historic home in Oakland, CA. The Pardee House was built in the Italianate style in 1857. People were encouraged to dress attired from 1890 -1920. My ensemble is vintage-inspired. The white silk blouse with lace detailing and pintucks was bought in Brugges, Belgium in 1992. I made the pink silk burn out velvet skirt with silk charmeuse lining many years ago. My hair is very fuzzy in this picture, but was mostly covered by my hat all day anyway. I'm holding a pink gingham check battenburg lace edged parasol and my old pink feather fan in one hand, and my big Easter hat with feather band in the other (kinda hard to tell). Detail pics to follow soon.
368764283.jpg

Wow! Now that's the way to spend the 4th!

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Today, having possibly taken my daughter's injunction to "wear something purple for my friend's party" a little too far:

003-5.jpg

024.jpg

Cheapest of the cheap linen/cotton suit from Primark
Tyrwhitt shirt
eBay tie
Tie rack pocket handkerchief
(Thurston boxcloth braces)
(Tricker's Acorn brogues)

I wanted something smart enough to go to church in but not too formal in view of the birthday party afterwards, and also something that I would be too upset if it was rained on or had jelly spilt down it...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
outfit for the 4th-we made the SF Chronicle!!

Here I am in a picture that appeared in today's (July 5th) San Francisco Chronicle! I wearing my big hat, shown here with husband Chuck and our now 15yo daughter Sarah . Our almost 13yo son Daniel must have been busy turning the handle on an ice cream maker and sadly is not in this picture. A really fun afternoon we spent there as a family.
ba-fourth05_ph3_0500338980.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Here I am in a picture that appeared in today's (July 5th) San Francisco Chronicle! I wearing my big hat, shown here with husband Chuck and our now 15yo daughter Sarah . Our almost 13yo son Daniel must have been busy turning the handle on an ice cream maker and sadly is not in this picture. A really fun afternoon we spent there as a family.

What an incredible picture of the three of you!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Please take it as a compliment when I say you all look as though you're right out of a Sears catalogue of around 1900. Congratulations.

RBH

Bartender
chanteuseCarey said:
Super photo!!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:

Just saw this in the Sunday paper. I love it! Please show this to you sis or dad next time they try and dissuade you from vintage. This is how life should be lived - happy, with family and doing what you love. :eusa_clap

MarcusB

Familiar Face
chanteuseCarey said:
MarcusB, you are always dressed so dapper. Very nice to see your pictures posted here. Thanks for sharing, sir!
Oh yes :D, I'm never out of a suit! :D.

This has to be my fave one tho

Close up:-

DSCF1583.jpg

Sitting down

DSCF1588.jpg

That one looked a bit too dark so did this one standing up

DSCF1592.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member