Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
4100-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
High Pockets said:
My friend,……again; you are an inspiration.

Somewhere there should be published a coffee-table book, consisting of the photos that you've posted here on the Lounge.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. The hat has no label other than 'Genuine Panapore.' The tie is Haband and the shirt is Brent. Though, the sport coat is only about 11 years old, it's very classic (wide lapel, ventless).

Torpedo

One Too Many
Truly summer weather is fast dissapearing, and with it, chances to wear truly summer ensembles... so today I assembled what could be the last one this year: linen suit, straw boater and spectators!

DSCN1215b.jpg

DSCN1216.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo said:
Truly summer weather is fast dissapearing, and with it, chances to wear truly summer ensembles... so today I assembled what could be the last one this year: linen suit, straw boater and spectators!

DSCN1215b.jpg

DSCN1216.jpg

Fantastic :eusa_clap And that's a fine boater, look at that ribbon!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thought this would be the right place to ask - what does one wear when going to the theater? I am going to see Les Miserables in a few weeks in London and would like to look appropriate! Is there a theater dress code I should know about?

Djupis

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
Thought this would be the right place to ask - what does one wear when going to the theater? I am going to see Les Miserables in a few weeks in London and would like to look appropriate! Is there a theater dress code I should know about?

From what I've experienced there are two groups of people at the theatres in London: one goes for the blazer or odd jacket and one goes for the t-shirt, cap and flip-flops... When I went to see Les Miserables the first group was in the majority, at We Will Rock You (which was rather weak in my opinion) the t-shirt crowd was dominant.

I think the theatre is a nice a excuse to get dressed up, if only a bit, but your outfits are always excellent and you could get away with anything really.

Les Miserables is an excellent musical and you should look forward to it! It's not unlikely that I will see it once more the next time I'm off to London, which hopefully will be soon (dreamt about it last night so I think it's time)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:
In modern day society there is absolutely no theatre dress code. This can be bad because you will often be overdressing if you dress nicely, or good because there is no limit to what you can wear. Personally I'd wear either a dark coloured suit (two or three piece) or a dinner jacket. Plus my grey fedora as well which I would never go without.

Therefore, I'd say the sky's the limit to what you can wear. In your case anything from jeans and a T-shirt to a full length dress.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:

When my wife and I saw Hamlet at the Novello, I wore a suit, bowtie, and homburg and Cassie wore a dress, snood, and gloves. The people sitting right in front of us were wearing tracksuits (they also left at the interval). We both dress up whenever we go to the theatre.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy