Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What art is in your home?

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Many framed prints

masterBR.jpg

office.jpg

office2.jpg

masterBR1.jpg

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
I don't know if you would call it "art":

I have a Simon Starkwell photograph that I bought on Ebay years ago. That and a repro of a Manuel Robbe corset poster.

M

Brinybay

Practically Family
Found this print at a local Goodwill today. A little yellowed, but I liked the scene well enough to get it anyway. I'm guessing the scene is 1920s because of the raccoon coat, the cars, and that straw hat the guy on the far left is wearing. I forget what that particular style of hat is called, but I think it's either "boater's" or "campaign" hat.

Brinybay

Practically Family
Unintentional match

I picked up a piece of art at an antique store and when I hung it beside another one, I couldn't help but notice the similar colors and they were both set at the same time of day. The one with the boat is called "Day's End", and the other is "Ocean Sunset". I picture looking at one scene, turning around and seeing the other.

Days_End.jpg

Sunset_on_the_Water.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
ok brinybay. that last piece is not very good. You can send it to me.

No really. Awesome find.

Maxfield Parrish "Waterfall" 1932. So lovely.

Brinybay

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
ok brinybay. that last piece is not very good. You can send it to me.

No really. Awesome find.

Maxfield Parrish "Waterfall" 1932. So lovely.

Thanks for filling me in on who the artist is, I really didn't know. I remember seeing that painting online somewhere but there was no information with it. Also got this calendar from 1932:

Art005.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
http://www.parrish-prints.com/index.html

Calendar just as nice. I don't know the artist offhand. Try Atkinson Fox, Henri Reynard, or Bryron G.Newton if it isn't Parrish. If not I may find it later for you. I love this type of art.
Some similar artist of the time would do work for the railroads or calendar companies.

I want to go browsing around with you. lol

Brinybay

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
http://www.parrish-prints.com/index.html

Calendar just as nice. I don't know the artist offhand. Try Atkinson Fox, Henri Reynard, or Bryron G.Newton if it isn't Parrish. If not I may find it later for you. I love this type of art.
Some similar artist of the time would do work for the railroads or calendar companies.

I want to go browsing around with you. lol

The artist is in the lower left, but I can't read it. I don't think it's Parrish, but looks very similar to his style.

Thanks for the link, I googled around for prints and compared prices, I got a fairly good deal, considering it was framed. I also got sticker shock at what some places want for frames, e.g. one place online wanted $24.95 for a print of Parrish's "Day Break", but with frame, $119.00! Yowser!

Your welcome to come browse with me anytime, bring the family. Summer is best in Seattle.

Calendar_artist_name.jpg

Brinybay

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
http://thriftshopromantic.blogspot.com/2008/05/confused-about-r-atkinson-fox-parrish.html

BrinyBay. I cannot read it but now I will be looking for hours. I am like that...lol
I know I have seen that girl with flowers before.
Blog above will help you. Please read what it states about Parrish.

I've seen the "Spirit of Adventure" at an antique mall near me. I almost got it, but must have hesitated because of the price. Like the author of the blog you linked to, I'm cheap! Maybe I'll change my mind if it's still there.

SpiritofAdventure.JPG

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
It's sure fun to peek at what's on everyone's walls. :) My house seems to have more art than wall space, so some things are not 'properly' displayed. Still, I'm lucky to have a number of pieces by local and regional artists so I'm just happy they're here.
I'll share in batches, to make it less overwhelming.

Above, a photo of my daughter during her days in the fairy dance troupe. Below, me done in oil by a Russian artist who was in the city for a few years, painting icons in the Russian Orthodox Church.

SlavaplusSphoto.jpg

Above, a quick oil sketch by me; below, intaglio called "Kitty Galore", but a prominent area artist.

furnshowIngridspipesartJan2010060.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana