Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What art is in your home?

D

DeaconKC

What is your taste in art? a sculpture, painting or print that just grabbed you?
I am a sucker for impressionist art and have a numbered litho of Mischa Lenn's up in here.
Mishajoie-1.jpg

It's called Joie de vive and I couldn't resist it.

Josephine

One Too Many
The most notable are The Husband's 6 Star Wars movie posters and the red herring "Revenge of the Jedi" poster, along with other SW art. We also have some Georgia O'Keefe prints, some sumi-e prints, and Japanese woodblock prints. And a biggish oil pastel picture of the Mona Lisa that Big Miss did in 5th grade that's pretty good. :)

The Shirt

Practically Family
I usually hit the local art fairs and open studio nights. I purchase whatever strikes me. Generally though I am not so into ceramics, photography or sculpture and primarily I am into oils and screenprints. Subject matter varies but I like architectural lines and vintage themes. My favorite right now is robots though. Cute happy little robot art. No idea why.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
A lot of black and white pics I have taken of various buildings in Copenhagen, but from another view than people would normally see them, a few old Vogue cover posters framed, some Andy Warhol prints of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy and the soup can.. I have a hard time finding paintings that I like..

Ande1964

Practically Family
Flagg!

I collect comic, comic strip, and illustration original art. The wife graciously lets me hang something nice outside my studio from time to time. This James Montogomery Flagg painting hangs in our living room. As memory serves, this was done for Good Housekeeping in 1933 or so.

flagg.jpg

Anj

freebird

Practically Family
I have an origional oil painting of a buffalo herd in the snow (artist unkown), and several vintage music posters, a Hank Williams, a Bob Wills, and a Red Steagall. The Hank Williams and the Bob Wills are reproductions, the Steagall, is an origional from the late 60's or early 70's.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
But is it ART..?

I somehow managed to accrue a collection of silk-screened posters by CooP- mainly posters for '90s indie music gigs. Artists proofs and signed LE's.

But too ris-KAY to show here.

Far too.

Original, personal art also abounds, hos mig.

B
T

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This painting....

l_d8526894849b26c1284bae48521c11a7.jpg

My dad painted this in 1963, a surrealist landscape based on some petrified trees...

I was about three, and came up to him as he was putting on the final touches, and solemnly declared; "Four elephants - buried in the sand - and using their trunks as snorkels."

And my dad was kind of mad, as he would never again see it any other way.

It's a crazy painting. I really like it though, it wouldn't be home without it!

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Have a lot of historical "Colonial America" prints in our house.....Here's one of the Signing of the Constitution, the original is displayed in the Capitol Building, ours hangs above our couch in our living room.

animator

One of the Regulars
I collect animation art. I have some cels and drawings from various films. I also have two original Pogo comic strips.

This Pogo daily ran on the day I was born...

POGO.jpg

It makes for cheerful walls.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have lots of numbered prints, antique Chinese pictures, several portraits of myself in various media but I'll show you only one piece of artwork. My brother is the artist Kell Black and I have a few of these paper scupltures
switch_detail.jpg

but in white and black. I have many other works stored. And several theatre cards, posters and the like.
That Pogo is so cool, animator!

Ande1964

Practically Family
animator said:
This Pogo daily ran on the day I was born...

That is awesome! I own a Pogo daily, but to own the one published on the day you were born is just too cool.

So, are you an animator in Atlanta? Any connection to SCAD, by any chance?

Best,
Anj

Ande1964

Practically Family
TessTrueheart said:
That is gorgeous, Ande1964. I wish I had something like that.

Thanks... it is a nice piece. It's one of those purchases that was hard to pull the trigger on, but I'm really glad that I did.

Best,
Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ