Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What art is in your home?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
What a great thread. It's cool to see the variety of things people are into.
Here's a little bit of what's in mine.
Hope you enjoy

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Jackalopes...the menace to every Southerner's garden.
Velvet Elvis?

DH you'll like this...
An example of the one we have over the fireplace.
Where else would a Kinkade Graceland go? ;)
graceland.jpg

Last edited:
With a caddie in the driveway, no less.
I bow to your exceptional taste sir.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Where else would a Kinkade Graceland go? ;)
View attachment 9068

Don't get me started...

Perhaps we're a bit stuffy, but we've always preferred a portrait over the mantle:

The copy of Baron Brigg's 1837 portrait of Arthur Wellsley, the 1st Duke of Wellington, presented by him to Baron Stanley of Alderly and removed from Alderly Park at the time of its partial demolition in 1956.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I have a framed 1937 pencil sketch of Su Lin the Panda, the first of his species ever to live in the Western Hemisphere. I also have a handsome black-and-white professional portrait, probably from the late forties, of an unknown cat. I found this at the dump one day -- it was heartbreaking to think of a cat who had been loved enough to be immortalized in such a fine photo, only to have it tossed out with the trash, so I took it home and hung it on my living room wall. I still don't know who he was, but he was a very very fine cat.

In my office I have an original oil painting of our popcorn popper, done by one of our concession kids who is studying art in college. If Edward Hopper had ever popped corn for a living he would have painted such a picture.

Another of the kids made a scale replica of Robert Indiana's famous "EAT" sign -- which looms over our downtown from the top of the local art museum every summer -- entirely out of beer bottle caps, and I have this on display in my hallway. She even rigged it up with Christmas tree lights so it blinks, just like the real one. Now that's art.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
With a caddie in the driveway, no less.
I bow to your exceptional taste sir.

The wife's, but thanks.
There are some low number water color paintings from a local artist, that feature the town I live in (businesses, the river, and many landmarks).
Here's an example, but this is not one I have...
dunavant.jpg
I also have 40 oil paintings, mostly from a family member or her friends.
The paintings are of fruit, rivers, the beach (a lot from the beach), Jesus, winter scenes, etc.
They might be worth something, but they are more sentimental value per se.
Honestly DH I really do want a velvet Elvis.
Guess I'll wait until this summer, which is the off season.
Never before his birthday or on the anniversary of his death, price gouging.
If the King knew that, he'd rip their tongue out by the roots. :D

Last edited:
PAINTINGS AND CLOTHS 006.jpg PAINTINGS AND CLOTHS 008.jpg PAINTINGS AND CLOTHS 012.jpg PAINTINGS AND CLOTHS 013.jpg

A mixed collection of prints, lithos, and oil's

The two oils were painted by an artist name Lester Russon (deceased) date unknown. Mr Russon was a broadway dancer in the forty's.
The painting's are circa 1967, Mr Russon signed his work "Russon".

First oil is by S.G.Michael/ A listed artist I believe... No info available.

Regards.

Last edited:
yzuhajys.jpg

Fathers day present. Original work by a guy called Cozmo Luna. Check him out on the web. He does some awesome stuff

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

bluerelish

New in Town
Hi, I'm impressed with paintings shown above. You know, I am easily attached to classic art works of any kind. Actually, I do have one in our living room. It is a painting of a mother and a daughter. I consider it something valuable.

Frank Miller poster signed by Frank himself. Picked this up years and years ago from a convention where Miller was autographing his work. One of my favorites in the house. :p

5d3e463ad75c024cdf9a5a3ba36e3b48.jpg

(Sorry for the glare)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot