Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Wore this Stetson linen-silk cap with a nice leather brim for a walk down the hill in the middle of a thunder storm. It sits down on my head low and tight to fight off the winds.
Not much beach time these days.
IMG_9464.jpeg
IMG_9467.jpeg
IMG_9461.jpeg
IMG_9475.jpeg
IMG_2355.jpeg

Last edited:

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wore this Stetson linen-silk cap with a nice leather brim for a walk down the hill in the middle of a thunder storm. It sits down on my head low and tight to fight off the winds.
Not much View attachment 316959 View attachment 316960 View attachment 316963 View attachment 316964 View attachment 316965 beach time these days.
Careful walking in storms, Jonesy. I was on Niue Island and the winds turned into a cyclone! All of a sudden the guy in front of me was standing on the ground but his bicycle was in the air!

Looking good in stormy weather, mate!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Not much beach time these days.
View attachment 316959 View attachment 316960 View attachment 316963 View attachment 316964 View attachment 316965

spiffy cap and some cool pics showcasing the strong winds. I am freqnelty taken by the sky in your pics. The clouds really tell a story.

Stay upright. Cheers, Eric -

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Careful walking in storms, Jonesy. I was on Niue Island and the winds turned into a cyclone! All of a sudden the guy in front of me was standing on the ground but his bicycle was in the air!

Looking good in stormy weather, mate!
Thanks Doug.
Yikes. I saw a water spout years ago sailing in The Cook Islands. We have had some flooding here lately, but no cyclones.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I keep coming back to look at this green Donegal tweed. So very nice, Eric.

Thanks sir.

I have a couple of Donegal tweed caps. This Magee material is medium to light weight and is of very high quality. Truly lovely. This cap has a medium liner for cooler weather and a double brim. I believe it will work for wearing to 70'f days.

As to the green - just the ticket for my wearing.

I have been pursuing the Magee fabric selection and see some dynamite options for future caps. https://www.magee1866.com/en/Apparel-Fabrics/c-183.aspx Soooo many options and only one head.

I do have a couple Fox Brothers Covet cloth caps in the Cordova que. I did not know that the cloth came in other colors. I really only knew of the camel hued. I thought it would be special to get other options. They will arrive before spring.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am excited to see in person caps made of the different hues of covert cloth.

Fox Brothers Covert Cloth, https://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/products/fox-classic-covert-cloth, is a soft warm hue. This is the classic hue I have learned. The reading I have done identifies it as hard wearing. It is a 530/560 grm or 18/19 oz fabric.

Here are pics of the fabrics as they arrived from England:

i-f9zJmXH-M.jpg

i-qJWdSLx-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Green cap in preparation for St.Patrick's Day tomorrow.

i-NXK6nJc-M.jpg

The tradition of wearing green on St.Patrick's Day is tied to folklore that says wearing green makes you invisible to leprechauns, which like to pinch anyone they can see.

i-mZrvjr8-M.jpg

I am certainly not getting pinched! No diminutive supernatural being is going to assault me.

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner