Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Price of Wales Tweed cap for yesterday's escapades.

i-LDk33Lx-M.jpg

i-MmJqv7P-M.jpg

i-2DwrvPF-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like this Cordova Caps straw. It has held it's shape nicely, is the lightest and coolest cap I have, and is kinda dressy.

View attachment 313781 View attachment 313784 View attachment 313785 View attachment 313786 View attachment 313787
I was just thinking about the Cordova straw cap yesterday, and thought of you wearing it in Hawaii. The baka straw is very tough and should wear well almost anywhere. We may retire to Ecuador, so I was telling my wife the straw hat from Jonathan would be great on the beach in Salinas!

Looks great on you!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I was just thinking about the Cordova straw cap yesterday, and thought of you wearing it in Hawaii. The baka straw is very tough and should wear well almost anywhere. We may retire to Ecuador, so I was telling my wife the straw hat from Jonathan would be great on the beach in Salinas!

Looks great on you!
I am much happier with this than the WDH Thai hemp.

No There is no maker's label and I just cannot remember where I ordered it from. It is for sale by me with description and price here on the forum in the thread 'Cap question'.

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

Looks great on you!
Salinas sounds pretty nice. I traveled in Ecuador in the 80s, mostly in the mountains. Ever heard of Canoa? I like small towns these days.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Salinas sounds pretty nice. I traveled in Ecuador in the 80s, mostly in the mountains. Ever heard of Canoa? I like small towns these days.
There are lots of small towns. I like smaller towns myself. To me, Salinas has that small town feel. It looks like a mini Miami from the beach, but then it's just a small town 2-3 blocks away from the beach. It gets super busy on holidays, though...

I know a couple who moved up the coast to Olon, Ecuador, and it's much smaller.

From what I can tell, Canoa is a bit north of Montecristi, Manta, Ecuador. Salinas is quite a bit further south.

I like Cuenca, and even at 400,000 population it has a small town feel to me. Odd. I would never say that about Portland, OR, which is of similar size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112