Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

dkstott

Practically Family
That's an awesome looking fabric.

I don't wear flat caps for personal reasons. My father wore them & we didn't have the best relationship.

Medium drape newsboys are right in my sweet zone. I'm currently searching for some additions to my assortment that aren't tweed or herringbone.

My problem with wider drapes is two fold. #1 Typically the fabric isn't substantial enough to stay in place. They'll shift to one side and resemble berets. # 2 I just haven't found one that looks good on me. They always look oversized.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday and this morning I wore the same cap.

i-BjsWR2z-M.jpg

i-XVR5Mm9-M.jpg

i-tX5LHHz-M.jpg

i-qH9w8HT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wanted to join in on the Cordova Love! Grabbed my new graphite gray linen 8 Panel on the way into work today with a rakish, jaunty angle. View attachment 543653 View attachment 543654 Still getting used to a cap with a leather sweat but I do love this thing, the design and craftsmanship is tops!!!

I really like the linen 8 panel cap! The gray I see as an easy grab fabric hue.

This morning I was out and about in a Dashing Tweed fabric Cordova flat cap. The September 1st morning temps were in the low 60'f range and a light wool cap was just the trick.

i-XXKT4B7-M.jpg

i-GMVz2v3-M.jpg

i-9nkqSvc-M.jpg

I went to the hardware store in a woven straw cap. The day is warming and the change of cap was needed.

i-46Kc9qc-M.jpg

i-vF9SWvz-M.jpg

i-X7fBTr8-M.jpg

i-935wDrT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars

This morning I was out and about in a Dashing Tweed fabric Cordova flat cap. The September 1st morning temps were in the low 60'f range and a light wool cap was just the trick.

i-XXKT4B7-M.jpg

i-GMVz2v3-M.jpg

i-9nkqSvc-M.jpg

I went to the hardware store in a woven straw cap. The day is warming and the change of cap was needed.

i-46Kc9qc-M.jpg

i-vF9SWvz-M.jpg

i-X7fBTr8-M.jpg

i-935wDrT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That light tweed is absolutely gorgeous!

Cuvier

One of the Regulars

i-XXKT4B7-M.jpg

i-GMVz2v3-M.jpg

i-9nkqSvc-M.jpg

i-46Kc9qc-M.jpg

i-vF9SWvz-M.jpg

i-X7fBTr8-M.jpg

i-935wDrT-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
I'm really liking the looks of those Cordovas. Especially that straw hat. I saved his site. I think I'll start saving my pennies to get one.
I guess material is based on whatever he has on hand?

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
I'm really liking the looks of those Cordovas. Especially that straw hat. I saved his site. I think I'll start saving my pennies to get one.
I guess material is based on whatever he has on hand?
I think that’s how he generally works, but I’m sure if you had a fabric in mind he could probably try to find some.
I really love the fabrics on a lot of the Cordova 8 panel caps.

The drape is just too big for my personal use.
The drape is a lot but he forms the crowns well so they don’t droop too much.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
So my linen newsboy from Thomas Farthing (the “Gower” model) put up a good show against a Florida shower this afternoon walking back to my car after work. It was soaked, and now, hours later still damp to the touch, but it kept my head pretty dry and doesn’t seem any the worse for wear. View attachment 544023

Good to see caps out for real life adventures. The linen cap appears to have been "durable" in the rain.

This warm morning I was in a straw cap - again.

i-CnSxJrz-M.jpg

i-r4k3n9p-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
Started out yesterday with a dark grey Donegal tweed newsboy cap.

Changed to a light grey cap. We packed up a lunch and relaxed along the CT River.

Boarded the Essex steam train for a ride. Then sailed up the river for a cruise on the Becky Thatcher. View attachment 544395 View attachment 544396 View attachment 544397 View attachment 544398 View attachment 544399 View attachment 544396 View attachment 544397 View attachment 544398 View attachment 544399
Looks like a really fun time!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Started out yesterday with a dark grey Donegal tweed newsboy cap.

Changed to a light grey cap. We packed up a lunch and relaxed along the CT River.

Boarded the Essex steam train for a ride. Then sailed up the river for a cruise on the Becky Thatcher. View attachment 544395 View attachment 544396 View attachment 544397 View attachment 544398 View attachment 544399 View attachment 544396 View attachment 544397 View attachment 544398 View attachment 544399

Good for you two for taking the adventure trips. Your pics showcase a very scenic backdrop and interesting sights. Congrats. Dynamite caps.

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
The subtle hues in the fabric pattern look like it would be an easy cap to pair different attire. Sharp. You wear caps well sir.
Thank you very much! When the wife says, “hey, you should wear newsboys more” it pays to listen! That cap is honestly becoming my favorite hat. Yeah, more drape to the crown would be nice but it just makes you happy to wear, if that makes sense.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Your cap pic featuring the jaunty tip of the cap brim and swoop to one side reminds me of the Stetson Playboy advertising of old.

i-THfSJdv-M.jpg

You have the cap at a jaunty angle and it reminds me of the advertising I have framed in my wardrobe. The above pic is of a Stetson Playboy advertisement. The fellow on the right middle (brown hat) is a "College Man."

Perhaps we should come up with a Fedora Lounge "poster" featuring cap wearing options?

I tip the brim of my cap in your direction this morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred