Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Got a shipping notice and some pics from Jonathan. I asked for a 2-3/4" brim on mine.

Cordova%20Caps%20Abaca%20Straw_01-XL.jpg

Cordova%20Caps%20Abaca%20Straw_02-XL.jpg

Cordova%20Caps%20Abaca%20Straw_03-XL.jpg

Cordova%20Caps%20Abaca%20Straw_04-XL.jpg

Dang that is sharp! I love the idea of the bigger brim. I ask for 2.5" as it has been my go to. I did not think of ordering a "bigger brim" on the straw cap. I am anxious to see your cap sir. New cap day is coming!

Congrats to you and Johnathan. Eric -

dkstott

Practically Family
I'm fortunate that I live within a 45 minutes l drive to Delmonico Hatter in New Haven CT. Periodically, I'll stop by and bug the staff about Fedora or caps on the website. They'll pull them out and I'll try them on.

Yesterday, I was there checking out some newly listed sale items. Picked up a grey Bailey Curtis model fedora. It'll be fine for cooler weather & vacation.

I've been eyeing the Wigen brand newsboy caps on the website, but could never afford one. Well, he had one on sale that was the last grey / melange colored Gregor model & only 1 size available. It was my size!! It was like it was meant to be. It's mostly wool, so it'll be a fall winter cap. I have never been able to post photos.

Here's a link to the website for the black model.

https://www.delmonicohatter.com/product/101029.htm

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my new Wigens Gregor "grey / Melange wool cap today. Bought it a week or so ago from Delmonico hatter. While it's 100% wool, I'm amazed at how cool it is even in warmer temp's. You'll see 3 linen caps on the table in the background drying after a Woolite washing. [emoji16]
c9dfda47785b938e13dba3bf16dadef5.jpg
8c3224f4f2eb052bc74e7f79b3922109.jpg

Thanks for sharing your caps. The wool Wigens caps are a quality product regardless of the style in my experience. Your neighborhood, Connecticut, USA, has a wide variety of weather that suggests owning several kinds of caps. You appear to on the way to having caps for everyday. Excellent!

Again, thanks for sharing. Best, Eric -

dkstott

Practically Family
Thanks for sharing your caps. The wool Wigens caps are a quality product regardless of the style in my experience. Your neighborhood, Connecticut, USA, has a wide variety of weather that suggests owning several kinds of caps. You appear to on the way to having caps for everyday. Excellent!

Again, thanks for sharing. Best, Eric -
I'm still pretty amazed at how cool the Wigen's cap is considering it's wool with a quilted lining. My expectation was that it'd be too warm for anything but winter. I've worn it in 80 degrees weather and my head doesn't sweat while wearing it. [emoji106]

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Too darn hot, but I had to try out my new B! Wear Harris Tweed full-cut cap:

585ec504a097bfac2a8e8e4054bb5e88.jpg

9293e623e3ea02f20b9fb13143e07186.jpg

I like the full cut on you. When I "tug" the cap down closer to my ears the drape over the sweat begins to diminish and the swoop of the fabric works better for me.

I began asking for a bit bigger brim on my caps a while back. I liked the look a 2.5" or 2.75" brim had with the 20, 30's inspired caps. The specific size is not important as it works for me - a short bald guy. Proportions matter.

The past few days of caps:

i-hS46M39-M.jpg

i-Pdvr6W2-M.jpg

i-p7PPKzP-M.jpg

i-4NBGR98-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

I like the full cut on you. When I "tug" the cap down closer to my ears the drape over the sweat begins to diminish and the swoop of the fabric works better for me.

I began asking for a bit bigger brim on my caps a while back. I liked the look a 2.5" or 2.75" brim had with the 20, 30's inspired caps. The specific size is not important as it works for me - a short bald guy. Proportions matter.

The past few days of caps:

i-hS46M39-M.jpg

i-Pdvr6W2-M.jpg

i-p7PPKzP-M.jpg

i-4NBGR98-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Thanks, Eric. I gave it a try and not surprisingly I liked how it looked better.

I’ll confess to showing Brett, the hatter (capper?), a photo of one of your caps and he was greatly impressed, and he also told me he couldn’t duplicate it. Brett makes caps his way and wasn’t interested in expanding his repertoire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass