Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

First wearing of two new caps from The Well Dressed Head...

linencap1.jpg

linencap2.jpg

linencap3.jpg

linencap4.jpg

linencap5.jpg

redhomespuncap1.jpg

redhomespuncap2.jpg

redhomespuncap3.jpg

redhomespuncap4.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
First wearing of two new caps from The Well Dressed Head...

linencap1.jpg

linencap2.jpg

linencap3.jpg

linencap4.jpg

linencap5.jpg

redhomespuncap1.jpg

redhomespuncap2.jpg

redhomespuncap3.jpg

redhomespuncap4.jpg

Swell caps!

The linen with the variances in the thread thickness and weave is just eye catching. Lovely is the word that comes to my mind. Having a liner to match a shirt - brilliant!

The red cap is a stunner. That model really allows the fabric to take front stage when wearing the cap. Keith's, K.Lo Blue fame, caps have a size and heft that I really enjoy. They draw the eye.

I can not wait to hear of and see the adventures that your cap has.

Congrats Alan on the two new caps. Eric -

B! Ware Cap Co. Harris Tweed full cut:

7140c48d299cba0df3d50014770c2e00.jpg

dfef42cf262bcbd6d48cd9eaee1cb074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is a mighty nice one, Brent. Is it a recent acquisition? I got a couple of caps from B Wear about 10 years ago. They were very well made, especially for the price. I still have one of his "Wild One" style biker caps, though it rarely gets any head time these days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is a mighty nice one, Brent. Is it a recent acquisition? I got a couple of caps from B Wear about 10 years ago. They were very well made, especially for the price. I still have one of his "Wild One" style biker caps, though it rarely gets any head time these days.

Thanks. The hatter lives on the same road as my office! I met up with him (Brett) and we worked out the details. Two-day completion time for a custom made cap! I think he’s $35 for standard and $50 for the full-cut. Quite the bargain. I’ve eyed his biker caps too, but I don’t know when I’d wear it.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic cap, Eric. Looks perfect for chilly weather. It pairs well with that coat. Are there more pics/details about it (the coat) around the lounge somewhere?

Thanks Dale. The jacket is a Filson Cape Coat. I have had it only a couple of years and find I wear it quite a bit. I really like it. For temps down to 40'f it is excellent. Today, with temps in the 20'f with wind, I am wearing a Filson Mackinaw. Heavier wool with it's advantages and disadvantages.

Jacket discussion here - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/filson-coats-anyone.87081/#post-2127810

Specific Capecoat here - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/filson-coats-anyone.87081/page-2#post-2130583

i-LnnxmzH-M.jpg

Cordova cap for the cool weather this morning.

i-FZgsXbk-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

And in my off hours for the last several days I've been wearing this grey Herringbone Ivy cap made by Walrus Hats:

t9w7ZQ1.jpg

Yes, you read that right, Walrus Hats.

t86dXIu.jpg

I really like this cap except for one thing. Walrus Hats uses generic sizing--small, medium, and so on--and despite my best guess using their "hat sizing guide" I chose poorly and the hat is too loose for my head and won't stay put. So my best friend got a new cap because it fit him perfectly and he'd been looking for a new Ivy cap anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot