Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

quikrick

One Too Many
IMG_8310.jpeg
IMG_8293.JPG
IMG_8312.jpeg

I'm wading into a different pond now. My first cap and I like it. I took my lunch break to go into Berkeley Hat Co. because I had made up my mind that I needed a cap and walked out with this one. It's nice and light with a nice pattern.

dkstott

Practically Family
That Mucros cap of mine is nice, but the green tint seems to be limiting what I feel comfortable wearing with it.

I practically live in my Sterkowski Shelby (blue)and the Gamble and Gunn Ramsden (grey) these days.

My quilted lined caps are all put away for the season. They're too warm now.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That Mucros cap of mine is nice, but the green tint seems to be limiting what I feel comfortable wearing with it...
I had that "problem" with one of my fedoras--I think it was my Bluegrass Green Akubra Campdraft. I really liked the color, but rarely wore the hat because that particular shade of green was difficult to match unless I was wearing my Army surplus field jacket, so for a short period of time that hat became my go-to "rain" hat. Then one day the thought popped into my head that because the hat didn't match anything I normally wore, it instead matched everything I wore. :) That quickly my brain re-wrote the rules, and I've worn the snot out of that hat ever since.

Lesson learned--life's too short for all of these nit-picky rules we create for ourselves, and in the grand scheme of things it's ultimately meaningless and completely unimportant. You wanna' wear that green cap? WEAR IT! Believe me, no one cares but you. Everyone else is trapped in their own minds, worrying about how to solve whatever their problem-of-the-day is, and when they look at you all they see is a guy in a nice cap (if they pay attention to the cap at all, that is). Live YOUR life and slide across the finish line having had a good and fulfilling life. Just try to cause as little collateral damage as possible. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm