Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Boy you aren’t kidding. My son suffered though a majorly dislocated knee cap to get out of his last few weeks last year. I hope all went well with his surgery and a quick recovery

That sure is one fine old cap you got there, Jonathan.
Thanks, Joe. Surgery went about as smooth as could be, but momma broke down when we first saw him post-op. After we got back to our room he slept for several hours and has been doing much better since then. (He's walking with the nurse and mom right now actually.)

It's about a 2.5-3 hour ride home for us, so we opted to stay overnight just in case.

Last edited:
Thanks, Joe. Surgery went about as smooth as could be, but momma broke down when we first saw him post-op. After we got back to our room he slept for several hours and has been doing much better since then. (He's walking with the nurse and mom right now actually.)

It's about a 2.5-3 hour ride home for us, so we opted to stay overnight just in case.
Glad he is doing well.. probably good idea on the overnight stay

quikrick

One Too Many
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0728.jpeg
IMG_0733.jpeg

Simonds cap. This is a big one! The crown measures 11 1/2" diameter.

dkstott

Practically Family
Wearing my red Gamble and Gunn newsboy for a 3 hour hike deep into a state park.

My wife has started referring to it as my hunting season cap.

She wants me to wear it during my excursions into the woods during hunting season.

The hope is that the red cap might prevent the amateurs from mistaking me as a deer.
20220830_135648.jpg
20220830_134603.jpg
20220830_140709.jpg

Last edited:
Wearing my red Gamble and Gunn newsboy for a 3 hour hike deep into a state park.

My wife has started referring to it as my hunting season cap.

She wants me to wear it during my excursions into the woods during hunting season.

The hope is that the red cap might prevent the amateurs from mistaking me as a deer.
View attachment 447943
I think your wife is a smart woman. The color should get the attention of any hunters out there, and it's surely more comfortable than a polyester hunting/hi-vis vest.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
i-kSjV5Lc-M.jpg

My Saturday "off to work" cap was a Well Dressed Head cap.

Home in the evening I changed to a different Well Dressed Cap.

i-r57xSX2-M.jpg

i-ZpNHbbr-M.jpg

I changed to a cap after a morning walkabout this morning. The 47'f (8'c) temps have wearing a wool cap totally comfy. A Cordova Cap was my choice.

i-Bmf5kWs-M.jpg

i-t5PkZP8-M.jpg

I grilled some breakfast while wearing a Monsavais Cap. This Donegeal wool cap has lots of "action." I have worn it enough that the labeling on the liner has worn completely off. Works great, has a lot of life still remaining and I obviously enjoy wearing it.

i-wJfBsh6-M.jpg

i-FFqbMPR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have been wearing a Cordova Cap watering some trees in distress this morning. Giving them a big drink of water.

Truth in posting: Since sunrise I have been out in fedoras getting stuff done in the mid-50's f temps. I switched to a cap as the hat brims keep getting knocked about by the tree limbs. Better head gear for these efforts.

i-FCLWBzD-M.jpg

i-qLnjmm2-M.jpg

i-B7DN2MC-M.jpg

Best to all the cap folks, Eric -

dkstott

Practically Family
I have been wearing a Cordova Cap watering some trees in distress this morning. Giving them a big drink of water.

Truth in posting: Since sunrise I have been out in fedoras getting stuff done in the mid-50's f temps. I switched to a cap as the hat brims keep getting knocked about by the tree limbs. Better head gear for these efforts.

i-FCLWBzD-M.jpg

i-qLnjmm2-M.jpg

i-B7DN2MC-M.jpg

Best to all the cap folks, Eric -
Love that pattern... ✌️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk