Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My Well Dressed Head cap and I spent some time scoping out the news before heading off to work yesterday.

i-zfTXLwT-M.jpg

i-rqbBm8X-M.jpg

i-qv9fdp9-M.jpg

i-JGLRppp-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

dirigoboy

New in Town
I had posted my new acquisition elsewhere, and another member was kind enough to suggest that I post it here as well in caps section so, without further adieu, my new cap from Sterhowski (since 1926) out of Warsaw, Poland. I absolutely love it, it's style, fit and colors---a combination of dark brown, beige, and blue flecks. I'm not an agent of theirs but, I hightly recommend them. Shipping was prompt, but coming from Poland, it does take a little longer yet so worth the wait to me. Wonderful Harris Tweed material. Very pleased.

Attachments

• DSC_0271.JPG
    DSC_0271.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0272.JPG
    DSC_0272.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0273.JPG
    DSC_0273.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I had posted my new acquisition elsewhere, and another member was kind enough to suggest that I post it here as well in caps section so, without further adieu, my new cap from Sterhowski (since 1926) out of Warsaw, Poland. I absolutely love it, it's style, fit and colors---a combination of dark brown, beige, and blue flecks. I'm not an agent of theirs but, I hightly recommend them. Shipping was prompt, but coming from Poland, it does take a little longer yet so worth the wait to me. Wonderful Harris Tweed material. Very pleased.

Wool cap and your reading material are cut from the same "cloth." Lovely cap sir.

Cheers, Eric -

dkstott

Practically Family
@dkstott What is the brand/style/color of this cap? I like everything about it!
It's a Gamble and Gunn cap

dirigoboy

New in Town
Wool cap and your reading material are cut from the same "cloth." Lovely cap sir.

Cheers, Eric -
Thank you Eric, very kind of you to say......and precisely. I have the complete volumes and of course, the new series on PBS Masterpiece is......pure eye candy. I'd posted a querie regarding the northern Dales farmers and their knotted kneckerchieves, but no one undertook the exercise. I hope someone does.
Anyway, the series is wonderful....and instructive. It's comfort food for the eyes and soul

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Warm weather has stopped in my neighborhood for a brief 2 day stay. It foretells that warm weather is a coming. What warm weather caps do you folks wear frequently? Suggestions?

I am putting in an order for a couple of caps and would like to consider some warm weather options. On my list are a light weight one piece Wabash cap and a one piece straw cap.

Thanks in advance for sharing. best, Eric -

dkstott

Practically Family
Warm weather has stopped in my neighborhood for a brief 2 day stay. It foretells that warm weather is a coming. What warm weather caps do you folks wear frequently? Suggestions?

I am putting in an order for a couple of caps and would like to consider some warm weather options. On my list are a light weight one piece Wabash cap and a one piece straw cap.

Thanks in advance for sharing. best, Eric -
Here in Connecticut, I can wear shetland wool or lighter weight wool newsboy caps for almost the entire summer. When it's really hot, I'll wear one of my linens newsboy caps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko