Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received a new humidor last week and am having trouble getting it seasoned properly. The humidity doesn't want to stabilize. Anybody got any ideas about how to keep the moisture level consistent?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I received a new humidor last week and am having trouble getting it seasoned properly. The humidity doesn't want to stabilize. Anybody got any ideas about how to keep the moisture level consistent?
Did you do that routine that you are supposed to do for new humidors? I have had a lot easier time with a coolidor...lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight I had a Liga Privada by Drew Estates. This is their top cigar and is not a flavored cigar. It was definitely good! Lotsa smoke and good consistent burn.:D

I also recieved 9 large cigars from an exotic little island!! 1 punch churchill in a tube, 4 churchill Cohiba with light wrappers, 4 Churchill Cohiba Edicion Limitada 2006.:D :D :D

BobC

St.Ignatz said:
Is it sealing for you Bob?

rmrdaddy said:
Did you wipe it down with distilled water Bob?

Yes to both of those. I can feel the resistance when I open the lid and I did the dollar bill in the lid test. It does seem to be sealing. I have also wiped it down with distilled water several times and then put a small bowl of water in it.

I've been trying to keep the humidity at 70 - 72% but it wants to drop to about 68%. Do you think it would help if I moved the humidor upstairs where it is warmer? Is the AC affecting the humidity too much?

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Cooler may help but 68% is where I like my humidor for humidity. A full humidor always seems to settle itself down. Good luck.
Tom D.

I'll be in the Chicago area around Independence Day to visit in-laws. Other than Optimo any suggestions?

BobC

I'd be willing to give IC's cooler approach a shot, but I just got this humidor. If you say 68% works for you maybe I'm just expecting too much.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Started my shift with a Bucanero, not the greatest cigar but was worth the 14.99 I paid for the bundle of 20.:)

My 4am cigar was a Gran Habano corojo 5. It started out with an uneven burn but quickly corrected itself. It had a slight sweet flavor too it, overall not bad.:D

BobC

RP Spring Collection robusto with pineapple rum and OJ over ice. I found a bottle of pineapple rum unopened and pushed to the back of the cabinet. We bought it the first time we went to the Bahamas ten or eleven years ago. Tasty and refreshing....the heat and humidity have arrived. :(

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
RP Spring Collection robusto with pineapple rum and OJ over ice. I found a bottle of pineapple rum unopened and pushed to the back of the cabinet. We bought it the first time we went to the Bahamas ten or eleven years ago. Tasty and refreshing....the heat and humidity have arrived. :(
Man that sounds good!

Tonight was an RP Edge Battalion.:)

Mr. Paladin

St.Ignatz said:
Mr. P, I like the Gran Habano as well. Great price for a much better than average smoke. To work this AM Oliva V Double Robusto Liga Tom D.

I agree; the Gran Habano is a really nice cigar for the price point. I also really like those Oliva Series V. Great flavor and good strength.

rkwilker

One Too Many
Last night was a RP Fusion double maduro. Started off nutty with hints of spice and leather. Got much more oaky as it burned. Stared to run but corrected itself by a third into it. Back third got very earthy with added spice. Not great but not so bad. Lots of big white smoke and held a nice ash. Combined it with Blanton's bourbon on the rocks. Hot here in NC and this took the edge off the heat. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy