Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Yep just one, it's a freebie!
Tonight was a Perdomo Habano Maduro for the wife and a Perdomo Lot 23 for me.The Lot 23 was a mild cigar to me that was ok but for a good mild cigar I like the RP vintage 1999 much better.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
IC,
If you should find those Perdomo's in your possession again try them a little dryer than you would normally. I was not real taken with either until I found a couple I had stored in a pocket humidor and forgotten. More smoke, more flavor but not throat drying.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Smoked my first Nat Sherman..... The first quarter inch there was a distinct bitter taste. After that it mostly went away but for the remainder of the cigar it was a battle of relighting it repeatedly.[huh] I don't know if it was the cigar or maybe the size, 6.5x44. I don't usually have that small of a ring guage but I am not thinking that had anything to do with it. I have one more to try before I write them off, this one was a Palma Grande. I also have two more expensive ones to try.

indycop said:
Smoked my first Nat Sherman..... The first quarter inch there was a distinct bitter taste. After that it mostly went away but for the remainder of the cigar it was a battle of relighting it repeatedly.[huh] I don't know if it was the cigar or maybe the size, 6.5x44. I don't usually have that small of a ring guage but I am not thinking that had anything to do with it. I have one more to try before I write them off, this one was a Palma Grande. I also have two more expensive ones to try.

Aside from them being super mild:p , I have had that same poroblem with a few of them. :eusa_doh: [huh]

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Today's Smoke

Just an everyday smoke today. La Gloria Cubana EMS 6x48. Had it with a stirred Manhattan made classic style with Rye and Orange Bitters.

I might just do the same tonight!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My third and final RP Spring Collection robusto this evening. I really hated to see this one end, so I smoked it until it burned my fingers. I was up in the air after the first one I smoked. The second convinced me to order a box. The third one assured me I did the right thing. This is really a good smoke. My only regret is that there are no more here for the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran