Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RP Sun Grown this afternoon. Hemingway Short Story while grilling. Ashton VSG Sorcerer after dinner.

John Boyer

A-List Customer
My usual for this month is a P&W Dummerston blend in a Mark Tinsky 2005 Christmas Pipe (bent billiard).

Kid Mac, I have just not been able to acquire a taste for Penzance. Although, I certainly recognize it as the superior English flake. It is at the top of virtually every tobacco sales list. I have several mason jars full in the tobacco cellar that I will keep working through, overtime. I am thinking that, for me, I should smoke this blend in a small cutty or apple. Perhaps the smaller bowl will tame the blend. John

BobC

indycop said:
Not too spicy tho?:D
Tonight at work, Cohiba.:D :D

I'm going to have to give this one another shot when I can sit down and enjoy it. I was grilling while I smoked it, and the rain was coming so I was in too much of a hurry to finish the smoke and get the steaks off before I got a bath (and a bath is what I would have gotten). It started out spicy and then mellowed as it burned which seemed unusual to me. I bought three to try. Nice, well constructed, even burning stick though.

Mr. Paladin

Had two Punch cigars of unknown blends the last two days. They were gifted to me and were marked Candidate A and Candidate B, with a card inside to mail to the factory with a vote as to which was better. Apparently testing new blends...A had better taste, B had better aroma. Great burn on two nice Honduran cigars. Vote goes to A!

Kid Mac

Practically Family
Another Esoterica Tobacciana, Pembroke in a Dunnie shell billiard. Pembroke is basically Margate, an old style English mixture, topped with French Cognac. Amazing how different it tastes with the added Cognac.

John, when I first smoked Penzane years back, I thought it didn't have any flavor (ha). Now, it is one of my favorites. A smaller bowl could make a difference. Also, I notice some flavor variation depending on how finely I rub out the flakes. While I'll occasionally smoke it "chucky" style or even just roll up a flake, I prefer to really rub it out. The more finely rubbed out, the smoother I find the smoke.

Cheers,
Mac

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto