Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

John Boyer

A-List Customer
Broke open a Mason jar of Esoterica Tobacciana' Penzance pipe tobacco--aged 5 years--based upon Kid Mac's recommendation. I put this up, well, 5 years ago as it did not then suit may tastes. I smoked this, well rubbed-out, in a small bowl Rad Davis Dublin; specifically reserved for that rare occassion I take on an English blend.

I have never been a fan of English blends and I don't think I have evolved, yet. However, based upon my own rule, I will not judge a "new" blend unless I have smoked it at least 6 consecutive days under similar circumstances.

I will see if I have changed my mind by the end of next week. Otherwise, I will put it up for another 5 years.

John

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
RP edge maduro squared and then Oliva V Double Robusto at a wedding with the father of the groom. THE BEST wedding I've ever attended including my own. No really, and I waited 47 year to find a woman tolerant enough to put up with my er personality.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last night, a RP Spring Collection robusto, and a visit from Jose Cuervo and his girlfirends, Marge and Rita.

BobC

indycop said:
Bob was the spring collection better?
Tonight is a LegendArio.:D

It was. I bought three to give them a try. They are quite nice actually. I can't wait to have the third now. The second didn't seem as peppery as the first, so I'm thinking I may have smoked the first one too fast and let it get too hot. I think there's likely to be a box of them here before long.

I also bought several other RP's to try. The Decade is a great smoke. The 1992 is good. The Sungrown is ok. The Ocean Club won't be coming back when the ones I have are gone.

wildturkey8

Familiar Face
At KidMac's suggestion I tried P&W #10. I liked it. I then went back to an old tin of McClelland #1. I liked it even better. KidMac I told you that it was McClelland #6, but it was #1. Thank you for rekindling my interest in english blends.

Kid Mac

Practically Family
WildTurkey,

Glad to hear the suggestion panned out. No. 10 might be my favorite (so far) P&W blend -- a great use of oriental leaf.

Tonight, Esoterica Margate in a Dunhill Chestnut quarter-bent dublin.

Cheers,
Mac

Mr. Paladin

Nino Vasquez Red Head last night.

Had a new one Saturday at the Scottish Festival and Highland Games in Arlington (Tx.) - Siglo Limited Reserve from Villazon. Very smooth and lots of flavor; medium body. Lots of good single malt there as well, but that is for another thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy