Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

RedPop4

One Too Many
Hi guys.
What's the rumpus?

I've been smoking a number of new cigars that I picked up at the International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers' Association (IPCPR) trade show last month. In that time I've had a Maxx, a couple Tempus and the SCR from Alec Bradley, all good.

Davidoff 702 limited edition (an annual thing) that was stellar.

The Quesada 35th Anniversary stole the show. These are from Manuel Quesada's MATASA factory, but his daughters and nephew created and blended it. It's simply wonderful. They sold out their entire run with 24 hours of the show's opening.

Of all the things I got, I have not had a bad cigar yet. The cigars that came out or were changed and improved, this year, are ALL well done. This is my third show, and there was never a one where everything was this good.

My friend Al Argenti, formerly of Cuban Imports, with his brother Mike (creative genius) opened a new company called Berger & Argenti, teaming with Don Kiki Berger of Cuban Crafters. Two new lines called the Clasico (like a blonde maduro ;) ) and Entubar. Both are tremendous; as is the Cuban Crafters Miami 1959 Edicion Medina; the Cuban Crafters Cubano Claro. Cuban Crafters also makes the Caridad del Cobre, a new brand distributed by Guantanamera.

Don Pepin Garcia's new My Father Le Bijou 1922...whooooooooooooo. He even called it "my best cigar ever."

So much to discuss.
Hope everyone here is well.
Tommy

RedPop4 said:
Hi guys.
What's the rumpus?

I've been smoking a number of new cigars that I picked up at the International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers' Association (IPCPR) trade show last month. In that time I've had a Maxx, a couple Tempus and the SCR from Alec Bradley, all good.

Davidoff 702 limited edition (an annual thing) that was stellar.

The Quesada 35th Anniversary stole the show. These are from Manuel Quesada's MATASA factory, but his daughters and nephew created and blended it. It's simply wonderful. They sold out their entire run with 24 hours of the show's opening.

Of all the things I got, I have not had a bad cigar yet. The cigars that came out or were changed and improved, this year, are ALL well done. This is my third show, and there was never a one where everything was this good.

My friend Al Argenti, formerly of Cuban Imports, with his brother Mike (creative genius) opened a new company called Berger & Argenti, teaming with Don Kiki Berger of Cuban Crafters. Two new lines called the Clasico (like a blonde maduro ;) ) and Entubar. Both are tremendous; as is the Cuban Crafters Miami 1959 Edicion Medina; the Cuban Crafters Cubano Claro. Cuban Crafters also makes the Caridad del Cobre, a new brand distributed by Guantanamera.

Don Pepin Garcia's new My Father Le Bijou 1922...whooooooooooooo. He even called it "my best cigar ever."

So much to discuss.
Hope everyone here is well.
Tommy

Was the new MATSA cigar the one mentioned in Cigar Aficianado's story about family cigar businesses? The father wanted mild but the daughters created a wild blend. ;) :p I am glad it went over big. They need to concentrate on more full bodied stuff. Leave the wimpy stuff to Macanudo. :p

rkwilker

One Too Many
I hear you Mr. Paladin. My lunch smoke every day is one of his offerings; either a Puros Indios viejo (maduro) or a Puros Indios especial #2. Like you said, certainly not a high end cigar but very serviceable as a low cost option and I never feel bad if I have to attend to some pressing business and have to pitch it half way through. Not a bad choice for slightly over a buck a stick.

warbird

One Too Many
What's up Tommy my brutha. Did you forget to send my yearly sample pack of the new stuff? :p

Tommy you will like this. Last night it was a La Luna Africa Fuerte. It has to be what 8-10 years old? Still great. mmmmmmmmmmm

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Cohibas from down south the past few days while on a cruise with Bob and HarpPlayerGene!:D

100_0373-1.jpg

100_0340-1.jpg

100_0341-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats