Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

RedPop4

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Was the new MATSA cigar the one mentioned in Cigar Aficianado's story about family cigar businesses? The father wanted mild but the daughters created a wild blend. ;) :p I am glad it went over big. They need to concentrate on more full bodied stuff. Leave the wimpy stuff to Macanudo. :p
Yes sir, that's the Quesada 35th Anniversary. It isn't overpowering nail-you-to-the-wall strong. But it's not mild by any stretch. Manuel Quesada (of MATASA) allowed his daughters, mostly Raquel, do the blend. "The Young Ones" the new generation have done a great job with this cigar. And not only that, but the both Raquel and Pachy Quesdada are wonderful people, and cute as hell.

6535_1039230720678_1822834368_88258_6088547_n.jpg

Me and Pachy Quesada. She's even cuter in person, because she has a fun sense of humor.
5616_413700735000_529480000_8306352_14636_n.jpg

I featured them in CW a couple times, too. WELL BEFORE cA.
They came to my CW Herf during the show in New Orleans, too ;) I don't think cA has one of those. We had the big guns from Cuban Crafters, Davidoff, Quesada, Avalon, and some folks from General, too.

5892_120632592242_744362242_2285087_1604856_n.jpg

Event at French Quarter Pizzeria on the Tuesday night of the IPCPR Trade Show

General's (Macanudo et. al.) La Esepcion 2009 is STOUT, that one is good, but it floored me. So did the J.Fuego Origen. WHooooooooooooooooo.

This was my third trip to the IPCPR/RTDA and overall, it was the best. I tried well-known big brands, small brands, new, old, and I didn't have ONE bad cigar the entire week. That's a feat. I can say, without fear, that there are MORE, BETTER cigars out today than ever before.

Kid Mac

Practically Family
Penzance in a Dunhill shell billiard.

For me, the shell finish -- sandblasted, natural grain in bold relief, almost black, with red highlights showing through with wear – is the Aero seal jerky of pipe finishes.

Maybe I should cross-post this to Outerwear. lol

Mac

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Night before last, first night back I had a Rocky Patel Spring Torpedo courtesy of Bob. It was quite nice!:D

Last night was a la Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, Tasty cigar.:D

I remembered over the past few days what joy smoking a good cigar brings. Not just the taste of it, but the relaxation and slowing down of the day. The company of others who are enjoying the same thing. The conversation of what each of you are smoking. It is the perfect end to most any day such as yesterday, good cigar in the hammock with the wife also enjoying a good cigar and drink, perfect breeze and clear night sky.:D

RedPop4 said:
Yes sir, that's the Quesada 35th Anniversary. It isn't overpowering nail-you-to-the-wall strong. But it's not mild by any stretch. Manuel Quesada (of MATASA) allowed his daughters, mostly Raquel, do the blend. "The Young Ones" the new generation have done a great job with this cigar. And not only that, but the both Raquel and Pachy Quesdada are wonderful people, and cute as hell.

6535_1039230720678_1822834368_88258_6088547_n.jpg

Me and Pachy Quesada. She's even cuter in person, because she has a fun sense of humor.
5616_413700735000_529480000_8306352_14636_n.jpg

I featured them in CW a couple times, too. WELL BEFORE cA.
They came to my CW Herf during the show in New Orleans, too ;) I don't think cA has one of those. We had the big guns from Cuban Crafters, Davidoff, Quesada, Avalon, and some folks from General, too.

5892_120632592242_744362242_2285087_1604856_n.jpg

Event at French Quarter Pizzeria on the Tuesday night of the IPCPR Trade Show

General's (Macanudo et. al.) La Esepcion 2009 is STOUT, that one is good, but it floored me. So did the J.Fuego Origen. WHooooooooooooooooo.

This was my third trip to the IPCPR/RTDA and overall, it was the best. I tried well-known big brands, small brands, new, old, and I didn't have ONE bad cigar the entire week. That's a feat. I can say, without fear, that there are MORE, BETTER cigars out today than ever before.

Geez, too bad your event is on the opposite coast as I would be there for sure. I hate airline travel now. :( [huh]
La Esepcion 2009 sounds like my kind of cigar. I'll have to look out for it. :D

RedPop4

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Geez, too bad your event is on the opposite coast as I would be there for sure. I hate airline travel now. :( [huh]
La Esepcion 2009 sounds like my kind of cigar. I'll have to look out for it. :D
Opposite coast? I'm in the middle at the bottom.
I figure we had about 100 people total at the herf, and at one point 70 in there at once. It was tremendous fun with the guy playing the guitar and singing, with the rest of us singing along. Much Buffet, Hank Jr., David Alan Coe, Georgia Satellites and other "singable" fun.

RedPop4 said:
Opposite coast? I'm in the middle at the bottom.
I figure we had about 100 people total at the herf, and at one point 70 in there at once. It was tremendous fun with the guy playing the guitar and singing, with the rest of us singing along. Much Buffet, Hank Jr., David Alan Coe, Georgia Satellites and other "singable" fun.

Well, I know that you are at the bottom but not exactly in the middle---that would be closer to Texas. ;) :p It still is quite a way away and I don't feel like going through the cattle call at the airports. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:
Sounds like fun though. Let me know when they invent that Star Trek transporter and I'll be there. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925