Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this or not but since we all seem to have an affection for pipes/cigars and old hats I thought I would through this out there! I found this small humidor/pipe rack floating in the bay and gave a little more for it then I wanted to but it was such a neat peace I had to get it .... I refinished it and was surprised at the quality. Anybody ever seen one like this before? It has no markings on it and no manufactures stamp ect so it might just be somebody's project from ages ago but the craftsmanship is very nice so I doubt that... unless its a custom made peace. Any thoughts?????

piperack.jpg

Piperackfront.jpg

piperack1.jpg

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this or not but since we all seem to have an affection for pipes/cigars and old hats I thought I would through this out there! I found this small humidor/pipe rack floating in the bay and gave a little more for it then I wanted to but it was such a neat peace I had to get it .... I refinished it and was surprised at the quality. Anybody ever seen one like this before? It has no markings on it and no manufactures stamp ect so it might just be somebody's project from ages ago but the craftsmanship is very nice so I doubt that... unless its a custom made peace. Any thoughts?????

piperack.jpg

Piperackfront.jpg

piperack1.jpg

Beautiful refinishing job! Looks like it's lined with milk glass, which as I understand was typical of early humidors, compared to the cedar linings common today.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Thanks Jim ... your correct it is milk glass (didn't know what it was called). I don't suppose you (or anyone) know when they started using cedar .... might give me a clue to how old it is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner