Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A fresh roll?! Last time I had one of those it nearly blew my head off. :eeek: It was the strongest cigar I have ever smoked and I am certainly no cigar lightweight. :D

A very nice cigar. I haven't had one quite like this for years. Habanos send roller to HK sole official distributor every year to demonstrate the art. They used to sell those fresh rolls but they stopped because the tobacco leaves the roller brought with them are tax free as sample i.e. not for sale and not for distribution. So after consulting with their legal counsel, they stopped selling them or giving them publicly. The fresh rolls I had yesterday is of 54 ring gauge and not from HK official distributor. Too big for me but that's the only size left. My friend bought a bunch. You are right that they are quite lively but there is not much aftertaste. They are getting some Salomon size fresh roll with Partagas leaves.
Anyway, today I had a Rey del Mundo Grande de Espana.

Last edited:
A very nice cigar. I haven't had one quite like this for years. Habanos send roller to HK sole official distributor every year to demonstrate the art. They used to sell those fresh rolls but they stopped because the tobacco leaves the roller brought with them are tax free as sample i.e. not for sale and not for distribution. So after consulting with their legal counsel, they stopped selling them or giving them publicly. The fresh rolls I had yesterday is of 54 ring gauge and not from HK official distributor. Too big for me but that's the only size left. My friend bought a bunch. You are right that they are quite lively but there is not much aftertaste. They are getting some Salomon size fresh roll with Partagas leaves.
Anyway, today I had a Rey del Mundo Grande de Espana.

Nice. A salomon is one of my favorite sizes. :D:smokin:

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Kid mac .. Everyone seems to love penzance ... I am just not a huge fan of latikea (sp?) I keep trying it though ... Mccleland Arurra in a Nording bent stem bulldog (sort of). Not as good as their Tudor Castle but still good!

Kk

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this or not but since we all seem to have an affection for pipes/cigars and old hats I thought I would through this out there! I found this small humidor/pipe rack floating in the bay and gave a little more for it then I wanted to but it was such a neat peace I had to get it .... I refinished it and was surprised at the quality. Anybody ever seen one like this before? It has no markings on it and no manufactures stamp ect so it might just be somebody's project from ages ago but the craftsmanship is very nice so I doubt that... unless its a custom made peace. Any thoughts?????

piperack.jpg

Piperackfront.jpg

piperack1.jpg

I don't suppose you could take a few more pics of this piece and maybe a few measurements? I'd love to make one for myself, it's incredible, a really great find! Is that Walnut?

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Bourne ... Thanks!! Yes I believe it's walnut as far as I can tell ( I am not great at identifing wood). I wil get some measurements and detailed pics up tomorrow.

Smoking a mild local store blend of black cavendish and golden Virginia with probably a touch of burley ... All in a Savenelli freehand.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Montecristo #5. Peterson University Flakes in Peterson. Loose tobacco from Fox of St James bought by a friend in another Peterson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner